LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iight heres how it goes i had 2 RF 1 blew bought a new 5 days later both RFs blew... went to Best Buy traded it for 2 Lightning Audio's.... got them in my car hooked them up in series(2 SVC 4ohm sub) to my RF diamond [email protected] at 2ohm...so they runin at 8ohm now and they are wangin.... pennie for pennie they sound better than the RF....

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
no RF does they also owen MB quart and Q logic

i had 2 lightning audio dvc 15's and a 1000 watt lightning audio amp in my blazer in 2001 i hit 146.3 legal on the dash with unspecked box and the subs were not even broke in right i never metered it after that but i broke my back glass out 3 times and now i have holes in both of my ears so i cant listen to loud bass or any type or stereo with out my ears bleeding after wards

the subs are nice and clear had no problems with them but the amps are powerhungery real bad but other than that they are good also i like them better the the regular RF stuff :biggrin:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by 82onJUICE@Nov 6 2003, 01:11 AM
no RF does they also owen MB quart and Q logic

i had 2 lightning audio dvc 15's and a 1000 watt lightning audio amp in my blazer in 2001 i hit 146.3 legal on the dash with unspecked box and the subs were not even broke in right i never metered it after that but i broke my back glass out 3 times and now i have holes in both of my ears so i cant listen to loud bass or any type or stereo with out my ears bleeding after wards

the subs are nice and clear had no problems with them but the amps are powerhungery real bad but other than that they are good also i like them better the the regular RF stuff :biggrin:
yeah i am runnin a Rf [email protected] Diamond... at 8ohm..it is wangin... until my deck went out tuesday......it sux so bad

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Mac2118@Nov 6 2003, 01:26 AM
what box did you use (ported/sealed, and size)? what mic? what frequency?
i have a 1.75cu ft box.....sealed... it was made for the '98 model RF HEs' that i had... but it seems like every thing that i put in there(so long as it is hooked up and adjusted right) will bang...but as far as frequencey... sure... my amp's LPF is set to like 65 hrtz or what ever...

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by 2low2touch@Nov 1 2003, 09:09 PM
iight heres how it goes i had 2 RF 1 blew bought a new 5 days later both RFs blew... went to Best Buy traded it for 2 Lightning Audio's.... got them in my car hooked them up in series(2 SVC 4ohm sub) to my RF diamond [email protected] at 2ohm...so they runin at 8ohm now and they are wangin.... pennie for pennie they sound better than the RF....
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Want good subs? Get away from any retail store ass.

Someday you will learn, wel all realize that PENNY FOR PENNY you always get ripped off at best buy or anywhere that sells mass car audio bullshit.

Like audiobahn for instance, they were killer in 2k1 when they were not mainstream. I worked for a shop that started selling them FIRST in michigan, and I loved em, now look at em. What a shame

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by S10laynframe+Nov 6 2003, 12:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (S10laynframe @ Nov 6 2003, 12:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--2low2touch@Nov 1 2003, 09:09 PM

Someday you will learn, wel all realize that PENNY FOR PENNY you always get ripped off at best buy or anywhere that sells mass car audio bullshit.

Like audiobahn for instance, they were killer in 2k1 when they were not mainstream. I worked for a shop that started selling them FIRST in michigan, and I loved em, now look at em. What a shame[/b][/quote]
look why you gatto go round haten on every ones shit???? just cuz i don't have like 700 to spend on 2 brahma subs dosn't mean that i prefer to have shit from Best Buy... look I get what i can afford.... i know that what is bumpin in my trunk is a garbage brand and will always be... but thats what i got so get off my back cuz i got my subs from best buy.... :angry:

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by 2low2touch+Nov 6 2003, 09:23 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2low2touch @ Nov 6 2003, 09:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2003, 12:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--2low2touch
@Nov 1 2003, 09:09 PM

Like audiobahn for instance, they were killer in 2k1 when they were not mainstream. I worked for a shop that started selling them FIRST in michigan, and I loved em, now look at em. What a shame
look why you gatto go round haten on every ones shit???? just cuz i don't have like 700 to spend on 2 brahma subs dosn't mean that i prefer to have shit from Best Buy... look I get what i can afford.... i know that what is bumpin in my trunk is a garbage brand and will always be... but thats what i got so get off my back cuz i got my subs from best buy.... :angry:[/b][/quote]
im sure you will learn someday.

I did and hit a 147 off a single 12 in a 5 cube box on 1000W RMS (true watts).

Nice shit, didnt spend more than $500 on everyhting including wiring and wood and cosmetic shit

Doesnt include my deck tho was alpine CDA-7863

·
Registered
102 Posts
if your shit hits then fuck what everybody says. i have had all kinds of brands and i know some of the cheaper shit can hit hard as hell if your install is done right.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by S10laynframe+Nov 6 2003, 12:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (S10laynframe @ Nov 6 2003, 12:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2003, 12:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--2low2touch
@Nov 1 2003, 09:09 PM

look why you gatto go round haten on every ones shit???? just cuz i don't have like 700 to spend on 2 brahma subs dosn't mean that i prefer to have shit from Best Buy... look I get what i can afford.... i know that what is bumpin in my trunk is a garbage brand and will always be... but thats what i got so get off my back cuz i got my subs from best buy.... :angry:
im sure you will learn someday.

I did and hit a 147 off a single 12 in a 5 cube box on 1000W RMS (true watts).

Nice shit, didnt spend more than $500 on everyhting including wiring and wood and cosmetic shit

Doesnt include my deck tho was alpine CDA-7863[/b][/quote]
sorry s-10 for cummin off so strong... its just like this tho... us poor people get what we can get..... and thats how it is..... and when some ppl start talkin shit bout how every thing we got is junk.... and how we need to get away... it jus makes you seem like who the fuck are you... ya know what i mean... now i am not sayin your wrong cuz i klnow your right.....thats why my shit blew when a new 2003/4 model deck was hooked up to it....

·
Registered
9 Posts
As a divorced father of one, I UNDERSTAND the lack of money situation. back when I was 16, I bought a pair of crappy 10s in a box for $50 and hooked them up to a 130 watt Sunkyong amp. and threw it all in the trunk. I wasn't tryin to win any contests, I just wanted my shit to bump and rattle and shit. I ran that same amp on a pair of Kicker 15's that I paid $100 for and they sat in a box that I built with my own two hands. I'm running a pair of 6 1/2" SAS Bazooka tubes right now in my Ranger. They cost $300 for the pair, with the amp included. I don't buy new amps anymore, warranties are good, but I know how to fix my own shit. You can get great deals at pawn shops. I bought an MTX Thunder 4200 4-channel amp from a pawn shop 3 years ago for $200. I still haven't hooked it up in anything, I'm thinking of selling it... I'll take offers if anybody wants it, but my point, I guess, is simply that I like to ramble about stereo equipment and you don't have to pay a lot to get a lot. Don't hate on anybody's shit cause everybody doesn't have the money that some people have. Just say to your self, if you're not looking to win any contests: My shit bumps, therefore, I'm happy. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
166 Posts
my boy put in 2 powerbase 15's in his suburban a 1600 watt amp and a cheap alpine head unit. he spent 600 dollars on everything and his shit hits harder then my friends civic and he has over 3 grand in his system and the best part is he installed it he was mad pissed when he heard i knowing my friend spent less then a third of wut his cost and it hits harder

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Bent Axle@Nov 12 2003, 05:06 AM
As a divorced father of one, I UNDERSTAND the lack of money situation. back when I was 16, I bought a pair of crappy 10s in a box for $50 and hooked them up to a 130 watt Sunkyong amp. and threw it all in the trunk. I wasn't tryin to win any contests, I just wanted my shit to bump and rattle and shit. I ran that same amp on a pair of Kicker 15's that I paid $100 for and they sat in a box that I built with my own two hands. I'm running a pair of 6 1/2" SAS Bazooka tubes right now in my Ranger. They cost $300 for the pair, with the amp included. I don't buy new amps anymore, warranties are good, but I know how to fix my own shit. You can get great deals at pawn shops. I bought an MTX Thunder 4200 4-channel amp from a pawn shop 3 years ago for $200. I still haven't hooked it up in anything, I'm thinking of selling it... I'll take offers if anybody wants it, but my point, I guess, is simply that I like to ramble about stereo equipment and you don't have to pay a lot to get a lot. Don't hate on anybody's shit cause everybody doesn't have the money that some people have. Just say to your self, if you're not looking to win any contests: My shit bumps, therefore, I'm happy. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
a-men...lol :biggrin:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by 2low2touch@Nov 8 2003, 03:22 PM
well i just blew those today... got a new deck with a better signal.... and it blew them within 24hrs
i would liketo correct myself... i blew the subs not cuz of the new deck but because i listen to too many people... i should of kept the amp on a LPF but instead my friend was like once you get a deck with a sub control switch the amp to Full-80hrtz... that iz what blew the subs....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts