LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to some work an a car,but would like to do a wood look alike ,like some thing that came out on a 48 chevy dash ,like to see if any one knows how to do this ,,if you can please post some pics on how to
thanks for reading :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
with all the so say bad ass painters out here no one knows how to do a wood grain , post it people

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Its something like black/dark brown base with brown marbelizer.You would have to streak it and ad knot holes of course...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Originally posted by Glamorous Life@Feb 13 2010, 01:32 AM~16599434
looking to some work an a car,but would like to do a wood look alike ,like some thing that came out on a 48 chevy dash ,like to see if any one knows how to do this ,,if you can please post some pics on how to
thanks for reading  :confused:  :confused:
i had a friend who did something like what i think your looking for, he did use marbelizer it was rootbeer brown with brandy wine on top.. he did it along the out side of the car, and it matched the inside wodgrain perfect...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys but still have no clue on how to lay it out, seen it on a show a while back but don't remember which 1,chop and rebuild or 1 like that ,any more info if you happen to run across would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
These is the way I do it.
1. lay down a black base
2. spray silver marbolizer
3. stiff brisell brush to simulate the wood grain, as soon as you spray the marbolizer start brushing and be creative.
4. top coat with candy color of your choice
5. clear coat

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Originally posted by Elpintor@Feb 15 2010, 08:30 AM~16616536
1. lay down a black base
3. stiff brisell brush to simulate the wood grain, as soon as you spray the marbolizer start brushing and be creative.
5. clear coat

That looks real nice Elpintor :thumbsup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
now thats what i'm talking about ,pics and how to do it . THANKS ,you have made my week :biggrin: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Originally posted by Elpintor@Feb 15 2010, 07:30 AM~16616536
1. lay down a black base
5. clear coat

thats bad'ass :cool:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Originally posted by MONSTERGATE1@Mar 22 2010, 12:50 AM~16958889
Hey Glamorous Life,you might wanna try www.fulblownkustoms.com.Thers a painter named Ed Hubbs who gives you the wood graining prosess he uses.He also gives info on other painting techniques.Hope it helps, MG1. :)

you must be from eugene,oregon

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Originally posted by Elpintor@Feb 15 2010, 07:30 AM~16616536
1. lay down a black base
5. clear coat

NICE !!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your have got a splendid idea of being color the body like wooden paint it will look nice,i have seen but i m sorry i can not say how it is being done,but i can say this the car painters will sure know how it is done.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts