LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard there was a way to keep the back up so u can hop the front without it going down and i dont really want to twist tie the back so it always stays up all i can remember is that they said u have to open the little box with the motor and gears and super glue some gear but im not sure with gear any help appreciated

·
Registered
330 Posts
I used to notch the lift arm. I took a round needle file and filed at the highest point of lift. When you lift the rear it will sit in the spot you filed. If it keeps dropping just file it down a little more. I normally filed down nearly halfway.

·
Banned
5,403 Posts
ok on the back, there r two screw holes that hold the chassis to the body...take a rubber band put it around the two screw holes and wrap it around the shaft that moves the back wheel...it should keep it stuck..good luck

·
Registered
956 Posts
Originally posted by trikeboy666@Aug 1 2003, 12:06 PM
ok on the back, there r two screw holes that hold the chassis to the body...take a rubber band put it around the two screw holes and wrap it around the shaft that moves the back wheel...it should keep it stuck..good luck
or do it the fuckn hard way and play with it untill the back gets stuck by its self, it works i have done it before but it takes practice

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
the easiest way is to glue the back gear into the up position and take out a gear leading to it so if you accidently hit the back switch you wont hit it down do this with the rubber bands and it will be like a brick :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
why couldnt you just make a small switchbox like that comes with the HH kits and have individual switches for the motor to spin forward and backward? :dunno:

that way you hit one switch and the back locks up and then you can hop the front with the other switch.

thats all i was gonna do to mine......
or is that too simple for you all? lol

Last edited by The Mad Modeler at Aug 1 2003, 01:45 PM

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Aug 1 2003, 03:43 PM
why couldnt you just make a small switchbox like that comes with the HH kits and have individual switches for the motor to spin forward and backward? :dunno:

that way you hit one switch and the back locks up and then you can hop the front with the other switch.

thats all i was gonna do to mine......
or is that too simple for you all? lol
since it only comes with one motor and spins forward and backward that wouldnt work to well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts