LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought i would give this a shot in the dark. im pulling the VV off my lincoln for a 4-barrel holly. so i got a few intakes from 351w trucks. but they all have provisions for egr.will not using the egr spacer and just putting it together be enough or do i need a replacement spacer encase the butterfly's come into contact with the intake?
i would just get a edelbrock intake but i dont think they have the bolt bosses for my A/C and alternator braces.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
first of all what year of 351 and what kind of set up is it going on? i would buy the new edelbrock over using a stock truck intake, stock is bad. in most cases. and thats y hugh companys have teck. lines like edelbrock because i cant say if the intake has the correct bolt bosses but the people that make it can, call them. and what the fuck does vv mean?

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by budgetblueoval@Nov 17 2008, 08:02 AM~12178278
first of all what year of 351 and what kind of set up is it going on? i would buy the new edelbrock over using a stock truck intake, stock is bad. in most cases. and thats y hugh companys have teck. lines like edelbrock because i cant say if the intake has the correct bolt bosses but the people that make it can, call them. and what the fuck does vv mean?
80 351. im putting a 4 barrel set up from a 85 H.0. truck. after market doesn't seem to have the correct accessory bosses on them. there is nothing wrong with a stock peace. VV is in reference to variable venturey.
i do need a spacer to run the set up. right now we are looking into a 1" spacer to take the place of the EGR spacer. we will see if it covers correctly.

·
Registered
286 Posts
to be smog legal you need the spacer otherwise you can trash it.as that design had many issues with affecting combustion temp and thermal transfer to carburator

1 - 5 of 5 Posts