LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I have searched but didn't really find my answer. Do ball joint extenders do the same thing as extending the arms themselfs? If so no need to extend arms right?
Its a bolt on extension of the arm with the ball joint at the end. Similar to the stock ball joint but optional extension between 1 & 2 inches and replaceable ball joint.

Extended ball joint

Stock ball joint

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Now I read and see the canber/caster adj. Go out the window when using extenders. Is it a big deal. Will the wear out alot faster or will steering be that bad. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Steering, no, actually the steering stays pretty straight. I've always done this, and its been god for me. I get the car aligned first, without any juice, stock with just the wheels on before I juice it. At least like that everything but camber will be good. You will see an increased wear in the tires. But the car looks 10,000,000 X BETTER! I sold my lo lo and have something else i going to build now and the first thing I bought were the wheels, some new coils and extenders because I hate when my car butterflies. i see it weird without the extenders now.

Mine were dailys so I only did 1" even though I love the look of 2"s.

here is my other lincoln, also 1"/

These pictures should give you a good idea. Tires, if you daily drive will last you maybe, 4-6 months. Then you swap them to the back and have another 4-6 months. :thumbsup::cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.