LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i took my car our today on my lincoln and i started to head on the highway then all of a sudden it starts to smoke so i pull over and check it wats wrong with it and then it stops smoking i really dnt knw abt engines wise hit me up if it ever happen to you THANX

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUT IT STARTS TO SMOKE AFTER I HIT 55

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ora iz it a leak that gets hot and burns

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by budgetblueoval@Feb 17 2010, 09:29 PM~16646529
what year of lincoln. what color smoke and from where
its a 92 bro and its white smoke and i think theres two spots i knw ones right on my muffer cuz it has transmissions fluid on it from a leak and tha other idk it comes in my vents

·
~Maniako Enfermo~
8,364 Posts
Originally posted by txlowlow@Feb 18 2010, 03:38 PM~16653381
its a 92 bro and its white smoke and i think theres two spots i knw ones right on my muffer cuz it has transmissions fluid on it from a leak and tha other idk it comes in my vents

sounds like a blown head gasket? check the oil dipstick and make sure there isn't antifreeze mixed in there.. also check your antifreeze level.. when the heatercore goes bad it also shoots antifreeze through the tailpipe...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by BrownAzt3ka@Feb 18 2010, 03:41 PM~16653408
sounds like a blown head gasket? check the oil dipstick and make sure there isn't antifreeze mixed in there..  also check your antifreeze level.. when the heatercore goes bad it also shoots antifreeze through the tailpipe...
my heartercore not hooked up and i dnt smell antifrezze in my oil

·
~Maniako Enfermo~
8,364 Posts
Originally posted by txlowlow@Feb 18 2010, 04:31 PM~16653783
my heartercore not hooked up and i dnt smell antifrezze in my oil
orale.. can you post pics of your engine? i wanna see how you bypassed the heater core.. you can also try using a lighter on the oildipstick and if it pops it meand you have water in it.. it will also smell burnt.. call me if you have any questions.. its faster.. 641.844.7503

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Originally posted by txlowlow@Feb 13 2010, 12:04 PM~16602221
ok i took my car our today on my lincoln and i started to head on the highway then all of a sudden it starts to smoke so i pull over and check it wats wrong with it and then it stops smoking i really dnt knw abt engines wise hit me up if it ever happen to you THANX
I had the same problem with mine all the time it was the transmision seal that would eater came off or went bad and as you drive it dompes on the exuost check the tail of the trany were it meets the drive shaft its very comon to happen to lincolns specialy if you have hydros

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ora so its tha transmission seal then

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
same thing happened on my 90 TC. transmission output shaft seal went bad and slang fluid on the exhaust...

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by BrownAzt3ka@Feb 18 2010, 05:41 PM~16653408
sounds like a blown head gasket? check the oil dipstick and make sure there isn't antifreeze mixed in there..  also check your antifreeze level.. when the heatercore goes bad it also shoots antifreeze through the tailpipe...
WHAT?!?! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :nosad: :twak:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ill send sum pics so yall can get a idea

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Feb 20 2010, 12:54 PM~16671121
it does it burns white because your burning coolant inside your motor but blown heater core usually means blown head gasket

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i just bought my seal for the transmission to tha drive shaft so if its not that its the head gasket then

·
~Maniako Enfermo~
8,364 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Feb 20 2010, 01:54 PM~16671121
IT'S TRUE HOMIE.. IM ONLY SPEAKING OUT OF EXPERIENCE... IT HAPPENED TO MY HOMIES 96 CHRYSLER SEBRING.. THAT SHIT SUCKED..

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Feb 20 2010, 04:54 PM~16671121
I was thinking the same thing... :roflmao:

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by devillan@Feb 22 2010, 03:37 PM~16689385
it does it burns white because your burning coolant inside your motor but blown heater core usually means blown head gasket
The heater core and blown head gasket are typically two completely different problems. And if your heater core goes, that doesn't necessarily mean a blown head gasket, nor will coolant get into the combustion chamber when the heater core leaks.

Coolant will enter the combustion chamber when the head gasket is blown, and then you'll get white smoke.

:uh:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts