LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE FIRST LINCOLN IS MINE AND THE SECOND LINCOLN IS A PIC I GOT OFF OF LAYITLOW. I WANT TO KNOW HOW DO YOU GET IT TO LOCK UP THAT HIGH???
I HAVE 8'S IN THE FRONT WITH SOME SMALL SPRINGS THAT HAVE LIKE 3 OR 4 TURNS. WHERE IF I DROP IT IT HITS THE GROUND. WHAT DO I NEED TO GET IT TO LOCK UP THAT HIGH. IF SOMEONE COULD PLZ LET ME KNOW THANKS.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
im going to say the 2nd pic has a full stack spring :happysad:

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by white link 93@Feb 9 2010, 09:59 PM~16565635
im going to say the 2nd pic has a full stack spring  :happysad:
is that how i can get it that high?? cause i heard it can get that high if you get the extended ball joints?? :dunno:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
the spindles have been changed out...cuz whether or not theres a half stack or a full stack the suspension is gonna travel the same exact distance...that lock up i believe the spindles have been changed if not the upper A arms as well

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Originally posted by IMPRESSIVEPRESIDEN@Feb 9 2010, 11:09 PM~16565766
is that how i can get it that high?? cause i heard it can get that high if you get the extended ball joints?? :dunno:

no balljoint ext goting to do that .......kingfish is right,,,,,,, spindle off a caddi???>>> :0

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANKS FOR THE INFO HOMIES. I'LL TRY THE GM SPINDLE SWAP. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
708 Posts
mine locks up high and i did the 90 towncar spindal swap , i got a 95 towncar and the balljoint extender set it at a inch 2 inch to much and u will wear tires fast ls montes lock up high as hell too i love that high lock up!

·
Day2Day Grind
93 Posts
mine locks up that high with the stock spindles. just put the balljoint extenders at 2 inches and it looks just like that. but the high lock up is not my taste, i keep them at 1 inch.

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
Originally posted by ~Texas Hustle~@Feb 11 2010, 08:39 AM~16581494
mine locks up that high with the stock spindles. just put the balljoint extenders at 2 inches and it looks just like that.  but the high lock up is not my taste, i keep them at 1 inch.
I kind of figuered they would with the extenders. This is good to know, im gonna keep mine at 1 inch too. Thanks

·
Day2Day Grind
93 Posts
Originally posted by white link 93+Feb 9 2010, 08:59 PM~16565635-->
im going to say the 2nd pic has a full stack spring  :happysad:
[/b]
the more coil you have doesnt mean you're gonna lockup higher, it will just make you sit higher when dropped :cool:

Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2010, 09:09 PM~16565766
yes the balljoints that extend to 2 inches will let you lock up like that :0

Originally posted by white link [email protected] 9 2010, 10:32 PM~16567294
no balljoint ext goting to do that .......kingfish is right,,,,,,, spindle off a caddi???>>> :0
the balljoint extenders will let you lockup that high at 2 inches, which is what that pic looks like to me :0

<!--QuoteBegin-SHOWTIME916
@Feb 11 2010, 10:48 AM~16582104
I kind of figuered they would with the extenders. This is good to know, im gonna keep mine at 1 inch too. Thanks
;)

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by white link 93@Feb 9 2010, 10:32 PM~16567294
i believe the spindle is the same size or the lincolns is a bit bigger. i do not believe it changes things.

·
"LESSON LEARNED"
6,320 Posts
if you use the extenders AND mount the ball joints on the bottom side you will achieve a very high lockup like that but if you ever hop at all its not recommended

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
THANKS TO ALL YOU HOMIES FOR THE DIFFERENT IDEAS. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
708 Posts
i see u got a sway bar get rid of it and u could take the a-arm bump stops out to gain a high lock up . i left mine in so it would be quite locking up

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by super chipper@Feb 12 2010, 10:17 PM~16597702
i see u got a sway bar  get rid of it and u could take the a-arm bump stops out to gain a high lock up . i left mine in so it would be quite locking up
is it safe if i take out the sway bar??

·
Day2Day Grind
93 Posts
mine is off and i do notice a minimum swerve but only when its locked up and drving on the highway, but as far as safety i been having it like that for 3yrs and no problem. :0 are you going with the spindle swap or balljoint extensions?

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by ~Texas Hustle~@Feb 13 2010, 10:28 AM~16600906
mine is off and i do notice a minimum swerve but only when its locked up and drving on the highway, but as  far as safety i been having it like that for 3yrs and no problem.  :0  are you going with the spindle swap or balljoint extensions?
i think i might just do the balljoint extensions.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Mr lowrider305@Feb 13 2010, 07:56 PM~16604170
This is one of the guys cars from down here with the extension's....Im going to be ordering a set real soon for my car

DAMN IT LOOKS LIKE MINE ALMOST BUT WITH TINT AND A HIGHER LOCK UP. :biggrin:
DO YOU KNOW WHAT SIZE SPRINGS HE GOTS??
CUZ MY LINCOLN HAS SOME SMALL A** SPRINGS :biggrin: MINE ONLY HAVE LIKE 3 OR 4 TURNS. I THINK THEY'RE SMALLER THAN THE PRE-CUT ONES.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts