LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo guys I'm thinkin of gettin a 90s Lincoln Mark VII. I've seen all these on Ebay with like 150K miles, 180K miles, etc for like $2500 or less. Are they reliable and dependable? They all say they ride and drive good after that many miles. Just wonderin what you Mark VII owners out there think of them, any bad experiences? do all your electronics work?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have a 94 now and had a 93 MARK VIII , I think they are great, it's a Lincoln enough said. :biggrin:

·
Registered
32,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by LincolnWife@Aug 16 2005, 09:36 AM~3633496
I have a 94 now and had a 93 MARK VIII , I think they are great, it's a Lincoln enough said.  :biggrin:
Cool thanks. I wasn't sure how reliable they were cuz I've never owned a Lincoln and never known anyone that's owned one. I've always liked the look of the Mark VIII 1990s models

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Originally posted by TonyO@Aug 16 2005, 01:38 AM~3633590
Cool thanks.  I wasn't sure how reliable they were cuz I've never owned a Lincoln and never known anyone that's owned one.  I've always liked the look of the Mark VIII 1990s models
We have had our problems but nothin major. Normal for a car of it's age. But we have loved both of ours. Here's a pic of one of ours
[attachmentid=246419]

Attachments

·
Registered
32,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, what size are those wires?

Yeah I think those cars are so cool. They have like this stream line look that even a lot of the newer cars don't have. :cool:

How is the engine and tranny? Ever have any shifting problems?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
the engine in them i pretty good, its the DOHC 4.6..the tranny on the tother hand isnt as good..u shoul check out this web site www.tccoa.com , basicallly underneath the mark 7 is the sam as the thunderbirds and cougars of the same years, just witha diff engine and body

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
We have had problems with the converter. BUT MY HUSBAND IS THE TRANS, man so I never really pay attention to all that. I know our first one had a new tranny put in right when we got it. Never had problems after though.

The wheels are 20". They would rub a litle in rear, other than that good fit.

·
Registered
32,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by LincolnWife@Aug 16 2005, 09:58 AM~3633632
We have had problems with the converter. BUT MY HUSBAND IS THE TRANS, man so I never really pay attention to all that. I know our first one had a new tranny put in right when we got it. Never had problems after though.

The wheels are 20". They would rub a litle in rear, other than that good fit.
Is that you or the runaway bride in your avartar? :confused: Sorry just wonderin about that.

Well that's cool, do the 20"s disturb the turning radius at all?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Originally posted by TonyO@Aug 16 2005, 02:00 AM~3633639
Is that you or the runaway bride in your avartar?  :confused:  Sorry just wonderin about that.
Well that's cool, do the 20"s disturb the turning radius at all?
Thats me :roflmao: And as for the turning radius, never got in the way unless u would make a really sharp turn. ;)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I have one Ill try to post a pic later, they are alright but they are very expensive to fix. They have alot of power and are RWD. If the air-ride goes out its not as big a problem as everyone thinks. I have 20inch Lowenharts on mine, they stick out a little but I can do a complete tight radius turn with mine, no rub! Havnt had any engine problems yet but mine only has 60000 miles on it.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
And you gotta convert the lights to HIDs if you wanna see anything at night. All things given I wouldnt buy another one, I like my STS alot better

·
Call it Friend-o
2,785 Posts
heres the one i just sold
they have factory air ride so just make sure it doesnt have any leaks or you will having a ruff ride. unless your plan on throwing dros or bags on it and then dont worry about it.

·
Registered
32,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by LincolnWife@Aug 16 2005, 10:18 AM~3633678
Thats me :roflmao: And as for the turning radius, never got in the way unless u would make a really sharp turn. ;)
You're the runaway bride? :dunno:

:biggrin:

Well that's cool. How many miles you got on it?

·
Registered
32,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Ulysses 2@Aug 16 2005, 06:49 PM~3634915
And you gotta convert the lights to HIDs if you wanna see anything at night. All things given I wouldnt buy another one, I like my STS alot better

Yeah I was actually thinkin about gettin an STS. Those are sweet rides too, but for a Lincoln I'd have to say the Mark VIII 90s models are my pic :thumbsup:

I'm actually thinkin of just waitin like 5 more years to buy an 05 Caddy STS cuz those are tight. Either that or a Chrystler 300C Hemi. Those are bad ass too. :cool:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
:cheesy:
Originally posted by TonyO@Aug 17 2005, 02:15 AM~3640732
You're the runaway bride? :dunno:

:biggrin:

Well that's cool.  How many miles you got on it?
no not the runaway bride :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Originally posted by 61 Impala on 3@Aug 17 2005, 03:28 AM~3640933
I heard they have alot of trany problems. Not sure how true that is.
Yeah they can have trouble out of the 1-2 shift accumulator,but that can be fixed if you catch it early.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Originally posted by TonyO@Aug 17 2005, 01:17 AM~3640737
Yeah I was actually thinkin about gettin an STS. Those are sweet rides too, but for a Lincoln I'd have to say the Mark VIII 90s models are my pic :thumbsup:

I'm actually thinkin of just waitin like 5 more years to buy an 05 Caddy STS cuz those are tight.  Either that or a Chrystler 300C Hemi.  Those are bad ass too.  :cool:
The STS or an Eldorado is a much better car, thay start at about 4k for a 95 around here

1 - 19 of 19 Posts