LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this old used welder today. It does not have a model # or label.

I would like to know which model it is ?

it only has ON / OFF,.........220 arc welder LINCOLN

any info please

let me know if you need pics / I just packed it away in the shed, forgot to take pics.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I have heard the name lincoln the guy who does my welding has a millers and a lincoln, good names. look at their website, the one I bought from the yard sale was to old and it was not list on the web site it is a forney. This thing looks scarry, it is a forney, it has a battery charger and several out puts for different degress of tempts.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
:0 looks like it was made 20 years ago :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
looks like its missing the amp adjustment knob on the front same one they sell at home depot

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
test it and see how it works out, Im pretty sure theres a rack build in your future :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
your best bet is to take in and have it checked out. that fucker dont look safe at all!

·
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by caprice75classic@Nov 27 2008, 10:24 PM~12278408
your best bet is to take in and have it checked out. that fucker dont look safe at all!

and whys that?? cause its not all shiny n clean??

so what its got some scratches ,...dents,.....dust.... I think my best bet would be to try it out!.

I would just like to know the specs on it, like what amps it is ???
and if anyones seen or used one of these?

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
If you can burn a 3/32" 7018 or 1/8" 6010 nicely, no snubbing out it puts out around 100amps.

If you can burn a 1/8" 7018 or 5/32" 6010 nicley, it puts out 120-130 amps range.

I highly doubt it would put out any more than 130 amps given it only has one heat setting. It's gotta be user friendly, so that's what I based my opinon on.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That thing dont look that old. More like beat to shit,I have seen much older. Before you plug it in take the cover off blow all the dust out & give it a good look over, maybe you will find a model number so you can get the missing parts.

·
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by doctahouse@Nov 28 2008, 12:15 AM~12279121
If you can burn a 3/32" 7018 or 1/8" 6010 nicely, no snubbing out it puts out around 100amps.
If you can burn a 1/8" 7018 or 5/32" 6010 nicley, it puts out 120-130 amps range.
I highly doubt it would put out any more than 130 amps given it only has one heat setting. It's gotta be user friendly, so that's what I based my opinon on.

:thumbsup: Ill give it a try

·
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by locoriderz@Nov 28 2008, 02:11 AM~12279732
That thing dont look that old. More like beat to shit,I have seen much older. Before you plug it in take the cover off  blow all the dust out & give it a good look over, maybe you will find a model number so you can get the missing parts.
thanks, I will do that today.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts