LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I GOT 12S IN REAR OF LTC NOW GOOD RAKE AND SHIT BUT A LIL MORE WOULD BE SWEET... BUT PEEP IT WHEN I DRIVE WITH THE ASS ALL THE WAY UP I HEAR THE DRIVE SHAFT WHINE SO I LOWER IT DOWN..... CAN I GET 14S IN THERE....... WHAT CAN I DO BOUT THE DRIVE SHAFT...??? OR SHOULD I LEAVE GOOD ENUFF ALONE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
594 Posts
the whine you here is the drive shaft pushing on the tranny .The best thing to do if you want a high lift in the back and still go low is a slip drive shaft.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,085 Posts
I'VE GOT 14'S IN THE ASS OF MINE, AND I DON'T HAVE A SLIP.
NOT GOOD BUT I NEVER LOCK IT UP UNLESS IT'S PARKED AND TURNED OFF. WITH 14'S YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOCK THE ASS TO RIP A HIGH ASS 3 EITHER!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,485 Posts
Originally posted by stankin85@Sep 30 2003, 08:46 PM
I'VE GOT 14'S IN THE ASS OF MINE, AND I DON'T HAVE A SLIP.
NOT GOOD BUT I NEVER LOCK IT UP UNLESS IT'S PARKED AND TURNED OFF. WITH 14'S YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOCK THE ASS TO RIP A HIGH ASS 3 EITHER!
town cars dont stand a 3 with 12" cylijnders.......not the 90's town cars
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
665 Posts
Originally posted by TOWN CAR92@Oct 1 2003, 09:05 AM~1126123
town cars dont stand a 3 with 12" cylijnders.......not the 90's  town cars
what year? if its 98+ i strongly recommend you relocate your four link. and get rid of that bullshit sling shot thing in the middle, u gonna rip that out soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by IRONHEAD@Sep 30 2003, 08:20 PM~1124314
the whine you here is the drive shaft pushing on the tranny .The best thing to do if you want a high lift in the back and still go low is a slip drive shaft.

that is not the problem or noise he is hearing. what he is hearing is the driveline is at a hard pinion angle and the yoke on the rear end is grinding away at the U-joint retaining clip bolts. the driveling is no longer at a straight angle to the rear end
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by TUXNUTZ@Sep 30 2003, 07:53 PM~1124215
I GOT 12S IN REAR OF  LTC NOW  GOOD RAKE  AND SHIT  BUT  A LIL MORE WOULD BE SWEET...  BUT PEEP IT  WHEN I DRIVE WITH THE ASS ALL THE WAY UP  I HEAR THE DRIVE SHAFT WHINE  SO I LOWER IT DOWN.....  CAN I GET 14S IN THERE.......  WHAT CAN I DO BOUT THE DRIVE SHAFT...??? OR SHOULD I LEAVE GOOD ENUFF ALONE

to answer your question yes u can put 14's back there. but youll still have the vibration problem you have now with the 12's
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Sep 15 2008, 10:23 PM~11612951
that is not the problem or noise he is hearing.  what he is hearing is the driveline is at a hard pinion angle and the yoke on the rear end is grinding away at the U-joint retaining clip bolts.  the driveling is no longer at a straight angle to the rear end
x2 you probably aint even getting full cylinder from the 12's unless it lays real low get drop mounts or extend your upper trailing arms, me and my homies both have 12's and i extended my upper trailing arms 2 inches and got about 4-5 inches more out of it then his...oh yea extending my upper trailing arms let me drive fully locked up, but had to shorten my driveshaft 1 1/2 inch...
 

·
over it
Joined
·
6,640 Posts
Drop the upper mounts 3" and extend the uppers to set pinion angle when laid. That will get rid of the bind when locked up. Just extending the uppers alone causes pinion bind when laid if your ride sits low.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,115 Posts
Originally posted by OUTHOPU@Sep 16 2008, 08:23 PM~11621183
Drop the upper mounts 3" and extend the uppers to set pinion angle when laid. That will get rid of the bind when locked up. Just extending the uppers alone causes pinion bind when laid if your ride sits low.
thanks for the help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,255 Posts
Originally posted by OUTHOPU@Sep 16 2008, 08:23 PM~11621183
Drop the upper mounts 3" and extend the uppers to set pinion angle when laid. That will get rid of the bind when locked up. Just extending the uppers alone causes pinion bind when laid if your ride sits low.

if he drops his uppers 3" to 5"s then he will b ok with stock uppers .
he can drop his lowers also and no slip is needed.

if he does tha drop and plus extend tha uppers he will create tha same problem when its layed out n rear
 

·
over it
Joined
·
6,640 Posts
I lowered my uppers 3" and extended the uppers and it doesn't have any pinion bind layed or locked. The axle sits about 2" from the frame when layed and without extending the uppers I'm sure it would have tipped the pinion angle down to far. Plus extending the uppers keeps the pinion from tipping down at higher lock up. Mine rides great from lock to lay, no vibrations or noises.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top