LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

LINCOLN TOWNCAR THREAD.......

554K views 4K replies 462 participants last post by  ImGonnaBreakIt 
#1 ·
How to fit 13's on the lincoln

Everyone has there own way and opinion of doing this. I guess its safe to say, that either way you do it, 13s will fit on your car.

A) Swapping out the 95-97 spindles with 90-94 spindles. And they will bolt right up (this is actually the right way to do this, especially for hopping, because you have the vintage looking a arms, whch are more stronger on top than the tubular ones that are posted below.)

B) Shaving the caliper and running spacers, you can do this however its been said that it puts more weight on the lugs and hub. Not recommended for hopping but for the daily it should be okay, and for lay and play..

And I have seen cars with tubular a arms on top, and spacers, that are doing big things. Such as Switchmans lincoln.

Ball Joint Extenders..

These can be bought at Black Magic, Kool Aid Hydraulics, or Reds Hydraulics...

The ball joint you need to use, is a 80-85 chevy dually balljoint. Model Number 260-1127 ..They range between 65-80 bucks a piece. The extenders themselves are around 110-150 a pair.

Nardi Steering Wheels and Adapters

(Comment posted by Lowrider for life...)
Well when i asked around here i was told to order the 90's mustang adapter and do some mods to it. When i got it in, the there was splines on it like a gm style column, and my 94 has no splines, the 94 has a square end on the shaft so the steering wheel pressure fits to it. So i filed the adapter to the shaft. and it worked.

Motor Mounts

From what i hear these are garbage on lincolns. And you have to watch them every once in awhile..

(Comment posted by Outhopu..)
Something to keep in mind is the motor mounts. My stock mounts on my 95 were flimsy junk, and collapse very easily if you bottom out the crossmember. Then the motor starts to drop, and causes the lower radiator hose to get pinched by the gear box resulting in a blown hose. I built a set of poly mounts to fix the problem, then ended up braking the ears out of the block that the mount bolts to.

(Pics courtesy of Mark)

Painting your plastic pieces

Purple power, 3M red scuff pads, tack cloth, 1 can Bulldog adhesive promoter.

Soak and wash the plastic pieces, Scuff the pieces till they are grey, wipe with a tack cloth. Spray Adhesive promoter let stand 5 minutes, paint wand let stand for 5 minutes, then clear. (No primer is needed for plastic. Only metal.

Cold Air Intake

From what I've been told, These can only be found on ebay. 50-75 bucks. Autzone also sells the Spectre ones for 40 but you have to buy the access angles.

(Comment by White link 93)
The important part about this intake is the mass air senor right before the filter it must be inline or engine will cut-out!!! but spectra does make a mass air senor for fords that will work and the rest it universal and all can be bought at autozone or advance

Cutting your holes for strokes

Im unsure what size to use, as every cylinder is different. But what ive been told and have seen, is that you have to bend the brake lines to have the stroke go through it or around it.

Lincoln rear ends

Some people dont know where to mount the power balls, and some dont put the plate all the way to the caliper. Heres some pics.

Putting on the new Chrome strips.

These can be bought at the following links.
http://www.mtgparts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?S...y_Code=90LTMBSM
http://www.forddirectonline.com/partlocato...ure&catalogid=2
http://www.partstrain.com/
http://infiniteinnovations.com/main.asp?p=2_105

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 ·
BCKBMPR84's lincoln with GM spindle swap.

"95 complete with GM arms, spindles, brakes, and GM unbreakeable ball joints with a full stack of 4 1/2's"

the lowers are the lincoln stocks, the GM's mount but they are like 2 inches shorter and were they bolt up are a lot narrower. the arms were resleeved it to fit napa lower ball joints and as for the uppers, they are extended 1 3/4 for that nice look, full stack of 4 1/2 from pro hopper, 2 dounts and 1/4" reinforcement plate on the pockets. the spindle was machined a bit for the tie rods"

#8 ·
thanks showtime, I started reading through the other post for lincoln q&a. Lotta pages to go through.

Does this info apply to the 98+body style as well? I got to drive one this past weekend and I'm hooked.

#9 ·
I think alotta the info above also applies for the 98+ lincolns, like the spindle swap, molding uppers and lowers, mounting powerballs, etc.

Thanks ShowTime for postin this new thread, i think it's already more helpful/in-depth than the other one......so if everybody can keep the thread going like this, i'm sure it will be one of the most helpful threads on layitlow :thumbsup:

#10 ·
Originally posted by DeeLoc@Mar 5 2009, 12:33 AM~13187559
thanks showtime, I started reading through the other post for lincoln q&a. Lotta pages to go through.

Does this info apply to the 98+body style as well? I got to drive one this past weekend and I'm hooked.
To be honest im not sure about anything on the new lincolns. That is my next project. However ill look for more info on them and post it up

#13 ·
Originally posted by Mark@Mar 5 2009, 09:37 AM~13189605
i did my Vi with out drilling holes, my arm was all cut up, but it was worth it.
Cool. Yea mine went out on both sides. Now the left regulator went out. I hear its a common problem.

#19 ·
Originally posted by 61 Impala on 3@Mar 5 2009, 12:31 PM~13191374
I noticed the other topic was in the recycling bin. I like the updated one much better.
Keeps shit more organized with info. rich deleted the other one

#20 ·
are the frames from a grand marquis/crown vic interchangable with lincolns?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.