LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,I make custom battery packs. I think I might have something that will save a TON of weight, ok actually about 400 lbs, and perform better than your current battery. I don't have any fully finished packs, I am trying to see if there is any interest before I spend the money getting all the parts.Specs on the pack 8"w x 5.5" tall x 25.5" long. They weigh 42 lbs each. They can dump 500 amps for a short time 20 secods, and 250 amps continuous. You will need 2 of these backs to give you 50ah. The pack is made up of qty 21, 25 ah cells. You will need a 72V charger to charge the cells. These cells are lithium ion cells, lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide is the chemistry (NMC). They have a cell voltage range of 3.0V to 4.2V. A 72V charger will charge them up to 4.1V, and that is PERFECT for these cells. A recomended 72V charger is this one https://www.batterypete.com/batteries/delta-q-72-volt-battery-charger-72v-12a-912-7200/?gclid=CjwKCAjw5ZPcBRBkEiwA-avvk5gBtuDNRrT8t4b8ILmF2tyCWTiLtox6F-h2THL_Zti7pNeBHYcMARoCgrIQAvD_BwE But any industrial charger will work as long as it is designed for lead acid batteries. This battery will charge up to 86.4V (that is 14.4V x 6 = 86.4) With 2 packs you will have 50ah of energy. If you have a standard lead acid battery with a 75ah rating, then this 50 ah battery will actually have more energy output due to the pairs affect. With lead batteries the more amps you draw out of them quickly the less energy you get out of them. You will also be saving about 400 lbs. My batteries will cost $550 dollars per battery. you will need 2 of them and a 72V charger. If you are interested let me know. I also have car audio batteries made out of the same cells. I have a video on youtube, you can see it here ----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xzfi8P2dIE&t=30sI have a couple of vids up there about batteries. I am a battery nerd, so if you have questions let me know, or post here. I am here to help.Eric

Attachments

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
thats actually a pretty good idea. that much current flowing and barely any voltage drop is crazy. i wonder what the longevity of these batteries are. is it hooked up to the alternator?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats actually a pretty good idea. that much current flowing and barely any voltage drop is crazy. i wonder what the longevity of these batteries are. is it hooked up to the alternator?

The batteries will last thousands of cycles. When hooked up to the alternator the mx voltage is 3.625v (per cell). That is 50% charged. What that means is that very little stress is put on the cells and the cycle life will be very high.

I can be reached at [email protected] if anybody has questions.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The batteries will last thousands of cycles. When hooked up to the alternator the mx voltage is 3.625v (per cell). That is 50% charged. What that means is that very little stress is put on the cells and the cycle life will be very high.

I can be reached at [email protected] if anybody has questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts