LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading feb's lrm and noticed the juan jr's regal,,,he doesnt have rear upper trailing arms,and it looks like he dropped his lower mounts on the frame,,,is it driveable like that? and at what point do i need to get rid of my uppers,,i want my rear bumper to be at my chest when its up..thanks homies!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
18" CYLINDERS , FULL STACK , DROP UPPER TRAILING ARMS 6" HOLE TO HOLE AND EXTEND OR INSTALL CADDY UPPERS AND LOWERS AND YOU SHOULD BE AT UR CHEST GIVE OR TAKE..

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
its called lack of sense/childish engineering and i personally would never do a setup with no uppers going to the frame.

·
Registered
14,438 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Dec 30 2008, 01:42 PM~12561383
its called lack of sense/childish engineering and i personally would never do a setup with no uppers going to the frame.

no uppers :eek:hno:

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats why im asking,, if its driveable?
i know about dropping my uppers,,but ive noticed lowers being dropped as well

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
no the vehicle isnt safely driveable. the uppers just keep the axle centered under the car... without the uppers he has very little pinion angle movement if none at all

i have 14's in the back of my regal with dropped mounts for the uppers, a slip yoke and extended the lowers about 1.5 inches. with 2 turns cut off a 2 1/2 ton coil..car sits stock height in the rear when layed out and back bumper to ground when locked up is 37 inches... to my chest...im 5ft 7 lol

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HEY KING,,, HOW MANY INCHES SHOULD I DO MY DROP MOUNTS??
AND HOW LONG SHOULD I DO MY LOWERS?? THANKS HOMIE?

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by RIVERSIDELOWRIDING@Jan 3 2009, 02:12 AM~12591889
DO CADDY UPPERS AND LOWERS HOMIE THAT SHOULD BE AT 1.5 OR SO..
WHAT YEAR CADDY ?
GRACIAS HOMIE !

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by pinche chico@Jan 3 2009, 02:43 AM~12591751
HEY KING,,, HOW MANY INCHES SHOULD I DO MY DROP MOUNTS??
AND HOW LONG SHOULD I DO MY LOWERS?? THANKS HOMIE?

my drop mounts are probably between 4 and 5 inche...as far as the uppers and lowers go, if u do the drop mounts relatively speaking u can keep the uppers factory length... its just best to do 1 thing at a time... do the drop mounts.. then see what else u need to do then..cuz if u do more than 1 thing at one time then u leave urself open for more error...this way u can see what the drop mounts do for u with lock up and pinion angle... then u can see if its the uppers that need to be extended or if its the lowers... possibly both

also u need to take into account the rear coil and how ur car sits when layed out...for me my car sits stock height in the rear when layed out..i have 2 turns cut off of a 2 ton coil...so the way i did my rear modifications work well for my car becuz of how my car sits...my extensions on my uppers and lowers are in relation to how the car sits...which is about 1.5 inches on both uppers and lowers. but my extension may not be the same for you becuz of how i set my cars rear end height...plus my uppers and lowers are adjustable...

however u can take ur factory lower trailing arms and see how they work with ur drop mounts....and u can go to a junk yard and pull the lower trailing arms off a 80's caddy and they will bolt up to ur factory locations but that the caddy lowers are 2 inches longer than ur stock g body...so u can see the difference without havin to ruin ur stock arms

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by RIVERSIDELOWRIDING@Jan 3 2009, 03:12 AM~12591889
DO CADDY UPPERS AND LOWERS HOMIE THAT SHOULD BE AT 1.5 OR SO..

if u do the caddy uppers , remember u need to do the lowers as well. becuz of the geometry of the balljoint location for the caddy will throw off the wheels becuz it dont line up the same as the g bodies balljoint angle

and even if u did the caddy uppers you still have to cut the ears off and shrink them in order for u to use the factory g body A-arm rod... to me its just easier to extend the g body uppers 1.5 inches and be done with it than it is to shrink caddy uppers, plus extend them another 1/2 inch

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Jan 3 2009, 06:10 AM~12592036
if u do the caddy uppers , remember u need to do the lowers as well.  becuz of the geometry of the balljoint location for the caddy will throw off the wheels becuz it dont line up the same as the g bodies balljoint angle

and even if u did the caddy uppers you still have to cut the ears off and shrink them in order for u to use the factory g body A-arm rod... to me its just easier to extend the g body uppers 1.5 inches and be done with it than it is to shrink caddy uppers, plus extend them another 1/2 inch
i think he was talking about using the caddy trailing arms,ive heard ron talk about it a few times :cool:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by NY-BOSSMAN@Jan 3 2009, 06:18 AM~12592155
i think he was talking about using the caddy trailing arms,ive heard ron talk about it a few times :cool:

ya i wasnt gonna say anything then another homie mentioned doing impala uppers lol....

but if u check from the post before that i did mention the caddy lower trailing arms...they are 2 inches longer than the g body arms and u dont have to extend nothing from there...just bolt them on

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lots of good info homies,,,thanks for inputs

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by pinche chico@Jan 3 2009, 02:08 PM~12593604
lots of good info homies,,,thanks for inputs
u r welcome homie its what a lot of us are here for

1 - 20 of 40 Posts