LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Loctite 545

2K views 31 replies 9 participants last post by  baggedout81 
#1 ·
Gonna need quite a bit.Get at me w/ a price shipped to 66502

oh and the amount of fluid oz.

I know go to the part's store and get it but if i can get some online for a better price what the hell right.

#2 ·
x2, options are what makes this world go round.

#7 ·
at the place i used to work, when i was in procurement, they had stockpiles of this stuff. I would open up cabinets and there were cases and cases of it. I saw how much they were getting it for but i dont remember now. When you're buying thousands of tubes a year, they got a pretty nice price break

#10 ·
Originally posted by Fine59Bel@Jan 29 2010, 09:39 AM~16450041
damn.... i prolly shoulda gripped a case huh
Go see if they'll re-hire you for the day.

I'll send you a christmas card w/ some beer

#13 ·
#15 ·
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutty@Jan 28 2010, 10:39 PM~16446567
Make sure that if you buy a bottle for cheap check that is not about to EXPIRE they got EXPIRATION DATES ;)
What if the shit's never been open?I dont see how it could go bad.

Reason i'm looking into it is i have a bottle w/ about 1/8 left and i need a new one.It's been open exp. says 6/09 it's still purpleish and fluid (liquid)

Found 1 bottle here in towm outa 8 stores.Was the 50 ml one but it was $45.00 :angry:

I said fuck it and bought one off of the ebay for $25 shipped NEW

#16 ·
damn

#17 ·
Originally posted by foey@Jan 29 2010, 06:27 PM~16454664
damn
:yessad:

Still haven't found any info really about this whole expiration thing

#18 ·
Originally posted by baggedout81@Jan 29 2010, 05:46 PM~16454307
What if the shit's never been open?I dont see how it could go bad.

Reason i'm looking into it is i have a bottle w/ about 1/8 left and i need a new one.It's been open exp. says 6/09 it's still purpleish  and fluid (liquid)

Found 1 bottle here in towm outa 8 stores.Was the 50 ml one but it was $45.00 :angry:

I said fuck it and bought one off of the ebay for $25 shipped NEW
Its like food it has an expiration date if you dont open it ,it goes bad anyway just like milk stores try to sell the ones they are about to expire for cheap they rather get alittle than nothin ;)

#19 ·
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutty@Jan 29 2010, 08:24 PM~16455686
Its like food it has an expiration date if you dont open it ,it goes bad anyway just like milk stores try to sell the ones they are about to expire for cheap they rather get alittle than nothin ;)
Idk it all just sounds kinda fisshy to me.I'm just having a hard time comparing Thread Sealant to Dairy Products.I'm not trying to be a dick i just don't understand.

Kinda seams to me like it's a sham.You open a brand new bottle use 1/2 then seal it up and put it on a shelf for a year or what ever.Then later on down the road you notice the exp. date....Oh shit looks like it's bad better get another one even tho it looks,smells,and probably works the same .Now to me that seams like the company trying to make a fast buck.Especially at the kinda price this shit costs.They know you dont want to take a chance and have to reseal everything so they put the date on there to get you to buy another bottle.I mean i understand if it's been sitting w/ the seal broken for 10 years then yeah

Really i dont think everyone is out to get me just the MAN

#20 ·
Originally posted by baggedout81@Jan 29 2010, 09:09 PM~16456112
Idk it all just sounds kinda fisshy to me.I'm just having a hard time comparing Thread Sealant to Dairy Products.I'm not trying to be a dick i just don't understand.

Kinda seams to me like it's a sham.You open a brand new bottle use 1/2 then seal it up and put it on a shelf for a year or what ever.Then later on down the road you notice the exp. date....Oh shit looks like it's bad better get another one even tho it looks,smells,and probably works the same  .Now to me that seams like the company trying to make a fast buck.Especially at the kinda price this shit costs.They know you dont want to take a chance and have to reseal everything so they put the date on there to get you to buy another bottle.I mean i understand if it's been sitting w/ the seal broken for 10 years then yeah

Really i dont think everyone is out to get me just the MAN
Its up to the person bro I mean you dont have to chunk it in the trash but me I would not use it the expiration date is there for a reason. Unless we find some info on this I m going to google for some info ;)

#21 ·
#22 ·
Like I said before bro is up to the person like it says here ;)

Date: December 04, 2002 05:53 PM
Author: dave edwards
Subject: Expired Loctite

You wanted someone from Loctite to add their opinion on the matter. Our official statement on expired material is that after the expiration date we can not certify the performance and/or quality of the material. Although most likely the material is good long past its' expiration date. It is the customer decision and responsiblity to use or not to use the material after it has expired. In many cases we can retest the material for you and reports the results, but we may or may not recertify it. It would be up to the customer to decide wheather or not to use the product.

#23 ·
Fuck i added some loctite to my slams and had them sitting inside the last 2 days.Shit's still kinda wet it's not like it was coming outa the bottle.I kinda got a bit carried away w/ it as in i loaded up the threads till it was dripping off then screwed the fittings and shit down.

Maybe to muck 545?????

I'll give it a couple more days see how it looks,good thing it's not in the car.

Maybe there is something to this Expiration thing.But i mean shit the bottle i'm using exp. 06/09 that's not that long ago you would think

#24 ·
Originally posted by baggedout81@Feb 2 2010, 04:41 PM~16490891
Fuck i added some loctite to my slams and had them sitting inside the last 2 days.Shit's still kinda wet it's not like it was coming outa the bottle.I kinda got a bit carried away w/ it as in i loaded up the threads till it was dripping off then screwed the fittings and shit down.

Maybe to muck 545?????

I'll give it a couple more days see how it looks,good thing it's not in the car.

Maybe there is something to this Expiration thing.But i mean shit the bottle i'm using exp. 06/09 that's not that long ago you would think
Loctite does that bro after 24 hours its cured what you said has happen to me and no leaks ;)

#25 ·
I HAVE (2) UNOPENED 50 ML BOTTLES OF 545 LOCTITE, IF ANYONE INTERESTED IN THEM PM ME. :cool:

#26 ·
I'm so fucking pissed

This shit is still wet,fuck it if you open a bottle better use it all other wise it's junk for a second time.

My shit expired in 06/09 and it hasent been that god dam long.

I'm gonna tear it all apart tomm. and start all over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.