LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
is that glidder spray that u used as flake?

if so thats what im doin now, i got a chrome and gold glidder base coat and ima lay some transparent blue over it. its gonna look sicc

·
Banned
5,403 Posts
i used the glitter as a flake...i put down the black then the glitter then the clear...works good an the glitter never came off

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no its not glitter spray, its just got silver flakes mixed with the clear coat, kinda like mettallic paint, It looks so much better in real life, its real weird i couldnt capture it on camera, but the paint looks real good. mabe ill take a 360 degree video in the sun and it will pick up how good it looks.

o well, thanks for looking.

later

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
dam i jus tried wet sanding my flake base coat and it tok off a whole bunch of flake, i think ima re spray it and jus pu the dandy over it. then ill wet dand the candy

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Originally posted by b_boy02000@Aug 8 2003, 10:35 AM
is that glidder spray that u used as flake?

if so thats what im doin now, i got a chrome and gold glidder base coat and ima lay some transparent blue over it. its gonna look sicc
where did you get the transparnt blue and what brand is it?

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
i got the paint from a hard ware store calld coast to coast
im goin over ther b4 werk to pic up some more paint so ill check it out and tell you what brand, cuz rite now i forgot the name brand

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by pedal scrapin@Aug 8 2003, 10:50 AM
no its not glitter spray, its just got silver flakes mixed with the clear coat, kinda like mettallic paint, It looks so much better in real life, its real weird i couldnt capture it on camera, but the paint looks real good. mabe ill take a 360 degree video in the sun and it will pick up how good it looks.

o well, thanks for looking.

later
tight, siver flakes? I'm curious to know how you did this. I wanna do a paint job like this but in green.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can go to any paint shop and just say i want this and this or whatever. look in the phonebook for autopaint. It will cost less than $200 hopefully. If you want the flakes just ask them if they do flakes mixed into the clearcoat, thats basically all it is. make sure the flakes are the small ones though, if there the big ones they will just make the clearcoat all messy looking, and then youll need more clearcoat.

hope this helps and thanks again for the compliments.

later

1 - 12 of 12 Posts