LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a pic of my cylinder i need to know if it looks like it is extended or stuck dont know how far out these things are supposed to be and both sides are sticking out so i cant compair to other one all i can do is swnd it email or yahoo messanger though please help quick so i can fix my ride!!! please post email or yahoo id mine is zacfrd and im on right now 1/16/04 3:30 am

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
measure the ram casing, for total length and remove about 2" for the stroke length, then measure the amount sticking out to see if its fully extended or not....

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
If your asking if the cylinders look fully extended then the answer is no. It looks to me like you need to extend your a arms.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok then i think it jammed because when i hit the pumps of corse it wont go up but it wont dump either. i bought this car for a grand and it needs some work but it a good thing to learn on how do i fix the a arm with out making tire look slanted?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
To keep the front tires from slanting you need to extend your upper a arms. That way when you lock it up the tires will be straight. This also takes away most of the stress from the ball joints.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Basically, you cut them at the ears and weld in a piece of steel. I would extend them about an inch. Lets see the pic of the setup. If you can't post the pic then post the link to it. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts