LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAHA GOT SOME OF YOU THINKIIN IT WAS A WANT THREAD HUH, LOL, WELL ITS NOT FOR PARTS ITS FOR A BUILDER OFF OF THIS SITE THAT WANTS TO TRY AND BUILD A DERBY CAR, I NEED SOMEONE TO CALL OUT ON A DEMO BUILD ON HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i figured id get someone sayin that, but doesnt ANYONE on here want to TRY something new for once, do a lil homework, and try and outbuild me on one?

·
Registered
17,100 Posts
Originally posted by sbcin1966newport@Sep 16 2007, 05:47 PM~8803282
i figured id get someone sayin that, but doesnt ANYONE on here want to TRY something new for once, do a lil homework, and try and outbuild me on one?

don't want to cut and smash up a perfectly good lowrider kit. thank you come again.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts

·
Registered
17,100 Posts
Originally posted by southside groovin@Sep 16 2007, 05:59 PM~8803381
HELL YEAH!!!! i got this piece of shit 61 i built a while back called breathless that id LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to melt sum dents into :biggrin: :ugh: :biggrin:

I bet you wont. :)

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
You're gonna have a hard time getting someone on here to build an eyesore.

Alot of us on here build all kinds of different types of rides. I build what I like, and I like CARS. Scratch that, I LOVE CARS!!!

This is the reason why I will NEVER build a demo car, because I LOVE cars. To me, demolition derbys are a WASTE! I see way too many perfectly good classic iron WASTED on this mindless sport. How many nice, restorable cars have been destroyed for this kind of "entertainment"? Way too many!

Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone that is into demo derbys, and I know that not all of the cars used in demo derbys are restorable, but a good majority of them ARE. I don't see how anyone who loves cars could even stomach watching one of these events.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Originally posted by LowandBeyond@Sep 16 2007, 06:15 PM~8803526
demos are for 4 doors and motorcycles.  :biggrin:
Pokey offended me!  :mad:  :mad:
Even 4 doors are classics. I've seen some nice 2 doors wasted on this shit too.

I've even heard some people refer to demolition derby as a "motorsport". :uh:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, lets just say im sure theirs some one, john A.K.A. wagonguy has been tlkin bout it for awhile now

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
i agree with pokey but what pisses me off more is that glasshouses r very popular cars for derbies. my dream car is a 76 ragtop :angry:

·
Registered
17,100 Posts
Originally posted by Pokey@Sep 16 2007, 06:19 PM~8803559
Even 4 doors are classics. I've seen some nice 2 doors wasted on this shit too.

I've even heard some people refer to demolition derby as a "motorsport". :uh:

yes they all classics, but I'd rahter watch a 4 door or wagon get fucked up b4 a 2 door.

But same way with dirt track racing. What do they all use in the bomber classes? Cuttys, montes, smaller novas and malibus. :angry:

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Originally posted by southside groovin@Sep 16 2007, 06:20 PM~8803564
i agree with pokey but what pisses me off more is that glasshouses r very popular cars for derbies. my dream car is a 76 ragtop :angry:
Well, I don't think you have to worry about a ragtop being "demoed", but they do like to waste alot of nice chevrolets from the 70s.

I would think that wagonguy would be against this type of shit too, seeing as alot of wagons are wasted on this too. ;)

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Originally posted by LowandBeyond@Sep 16 2007, 06:22 PM~8803581

But same way with dirt track racing.    What do they all use in the bomber classes?  Cuttys, montes, smaller novas and malibus.  :angry:
Yeah, but at least they get to use the cars in ACTUAL RACING more than once, unless they wreck it in the first race. But yeah, same thing basicly, someone needs to outlaw this shit and stop all the mindless killing of automotive history!

"don't crush 'em, restore 'em"!

·
Registered
17,100 Posts
Originally posted by sbcin1966newport@Sep 16 2007, 06:20 PM~8803562
well, lets just say im sure theirs some one, john A.K.A. wagonguy has been tlkin bout it for awhile now

should have just PMed his ass b4 making stupid ass topics that you knew noone would go for.
Wheres your 2 demo buddys? Maybe you guys can have a 3 some.

·
Registered
17,100 Posts
Originally posted by Pokey@Sep 16 2007, 06:28 PM~8803638
Yeah, but at least they get to use the cars in ACTUAL RACING more than once, unless they wreck it in the first race. But yeah, same thing basicly, someone needs to outlaw this shit and stop all the mindless killing of automotive history!

"don't crush 'em, restore 'em"!

my old black 78 monte was one. It started to loose a rod bearing so I sold it. The old man built a racer for his grand son. Seen it out 2 times. Never to be seen again. :angry:

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Originally posted by LowandBeyond@Sep 16 2007, 06:28 PM~8803641
should have just PMed his ass b4 making stupid ass topics that you knew noone would go for. 
Wheres your 2 demo buddys?   Maybe you guys can have a 3 some.
Well, Travis does have a point, you demo guys do like to ram eachother in the ass! :biggrin:

THAT'S IT! I JUST FIGURED IT OUT! Now I know why you guys like demo derbys, it's like a closet homosexual thing! :0

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Originally posted by sbcin1966newport@Sep 16 2007, 07:44 PM~8803252
HAHA GOT SOME OF YOU THINKIIN IT WAS A WANT THREAD HUH, LOL, WELL ITS NOT FOR PARTS ITS FOR A BUILDER OFF OF THIS SITE THAT WANTS TO TRY AND BUILD A DERBY CAR, I NEED SOMEONE TO CALL OUT ON A DEMO BUILD ON HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks but no thanks
and we have some great parting gifts for you and thanks for playing

·
Registered
17,100 Posts
Originally posted by Pokey@Sep 16 2007, 06:33 PM~8803682
Well, Travis does have a point, you demo guys do like to ram eachother in the ass! :biggrin:

THAT'S IT! I JUST FIGURED IT OUT! Now I know why you guys like demo derbys, it's like a closet homosexual thing! :0

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts