LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a compressor that puts out like 4.8 cfm at 40 psi...i know thats really low but do not have the money to buy a bigger one...are there any guns out there that i could paint a whole car with with that low cfm???

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But I do all of the panels seperatly...do it in this order...rear passenger quarter,rear door,front door,quarter panel,hood,front clip,drivers quarter,front door,rear door,driver rear quarter, trunk...dont need to do the jambs or the roof

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
triple post

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:uh:

·
Registered
174 Posts
get an iwata lph-400 one of the best guns you can buy and is uses very little cfm. i personally use a lph-400 with basecoat cap and a 1.3 tip and i use a lph-400 with a 1.4 for clear and it lays like glass. but i f you cant afford those guns look into getting an astro LVLP it's basically a lph-400 copy. you can check it out at www.spraygunworld.com

Colin

·
Registered
275 Posts
Get this one.
http://www.spraygunworld.com/products/Astr...-%20APAS7SP.htm

It's a conventional gun, I used one of these for years and it sprays as good as
my good HVLP. It will spray at much less pressure than it's rated for and still
give a great finish, doing that lowers the cfm consumption a lot more.
I used a 3/4 hp compressor with it and it did fine

I don't think any HVLP will work with that little cfm, except maybe that "mini" gun,
and you really don't want to paint a whole car with that.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cant get it to work...just go on ebay and type in LVLP and its like the only one that pops up...what about my idea to paint one panel at a time?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
or would my idea work better with a regular size gun one panel at a time?

·
Registered
275 Posts
That EVO gun still pulls 7.8cfm at 40psi,
He doesn't have that much cfm so it won't work.

He only has 4.8 cfm, everyone quit recommending guns
to him that pull more than that.
He can't go HVLP, with the exception of a "mini"
which is to small for an overall.
You'll have to go with a conventional gun. period.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what if i did one panel at a time with a mini?

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by jcclark@Sep 29 2006, 05:22 PM~6270793
That EVO gun still pulls 7.8cfm at 40psi,
He doesn't have that much cfm so it won't work.

He only has 4.8 cfm, everyone quit recommending guns
to him that pull more than that.
He can't go HVLP, with the exception of a "mini"
which is to small for an overall.
You'll have to go with a conventional gun. period.

i hope you are not talking to me

are you saying i don't know my own gun and he can't use a gun that's rated 10 cfm at 18 PSI???!!!

he might be cutting it close but i think he will be fine........i love the m1g try one if you get a chance i bet you won't go back they are light as hell and spray damn good

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Originally posted by EazyE10286@Sep 28 2006, 05:54 PM~6265801
I have a compressor that puts out like 4.8 cfm at 40 psi...i know thats really low but do not have the money to buy a bigger one...are there any guns out there that i could paint a whole car with with that low cfm???
That compressor won't be able to keep up with an HVLP gun on a complete. I would recommend a Sata Jet 90 RP (reduced pressure), Sata RP, or the Sata 3000RP, plus these are HVLP compliant guns, but they are kind of pricey. I've done completes in my garage with these guns using a crappy Coleman compressor from Menards, and they work great: I don't have to stop and wait for the compressor to catch up. :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
shit if you can afford a sata or shit like that get a better compressor, dont compromise quality man! paint a car for someone and tell them to buy you a compressor or get a home depot card or some shit, man my 10.3 cfm compressor SUCKS, 4.8 I couldn't even imagine that!!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Originally posted by EazyE10286@Sep 28 2006, 04:04 PM~6265851
But I do all of the panels seperatly...do it in this order...rear passenger quarter,rear door,front door,quarter panel,hood,front clip,drivers quarter,front door,rear door,driver rear quarter, trunk...dont need to do the jambs or the roof

assuming the exhaust is at the hood, and you're not doing the roof, go: Trunk and rear, pass quarter, driver quarter, pass doors, drivers doors, pass hood & fender, driver hood & fender, front clip. Use the slowest coldest reducer you can and give it a couple minutes to let the pressure build up in between areas, my way you'll be spraying next to the wettest or 2nd wettest spot every time, and it'll melt in. You're way you'll end up back at the pass quarter after it's dry, and you'll haze it. Get what I'm sayin?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts