LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be painting this cutlass pretty soon and im looking for some nice type of yellow paint. So far the only yellow i can think of is the yellow on "Sun dance" that 63 Impala. any pics or even input you guys have would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
256 Posts
TRY SHOOTING A DIAMONT BASE OF MEDIUM-FINE IRIDESCENT BC-140 AND THEN CARIZZMA YELLOW(THIER LINE OF KANDI), 5 COATS WELL GIVE YOU A CLEAN, BUT DIFFERENT LOOK... LOOK AT THE DSR/SLIM THUG VIDEO(TUSSEL) THE 72 CUTTY SLIM THUG IS RAPPIN IN FRONT OF IS THAT YELLOW WE DID...

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by borrowed time 64@Aug 17 2006, 11:11 AM~5986526
TRY SHOOTING A DIAMONT BASE OF MEDIUM-FINE IRIDESCENT BC-140 AND THEN CARIZZMA YELLOW(THIER LINE OF KANDI), 5 COATS WELL GIVE YOU A CLEAN, BUT DIFFERENT LOOK... LOOK AT THE DSR/SLIM THUG VIDEO(TUSSEL) THE 72 CUTTY SLIM THUG IS RAPPIN IN FRONT OF IS THAT YELLOW WE DID...
Alright cool 'I'll take a look at that, thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
THIS IS THE SHOP TRUCK(THIS IS THAT YELLOW WITH A DIFFERNT BASE AND ONLY 3 COATS)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by BUTTAFINGUZ@Aug 17 2006, 07:46 PM~5990157
Don't know what color yellow it is ,but this look good ;)

Is there any yellows like is , but with a deeper affect? somthing what would need to get base coated then the yellow on top of that to give depth to the paint...

·
Registered
830 Posts
:biggrin: :biggrin:

:uh:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Aug 21 2006, 09:39 AM~6010018
ppg lemon ice.........
i'll try to find a pic......
THAT'S WHAT I WAS THINKING :thumbsup:
I HAVE PAINTED MANY CARS WITH THAT COLOR,ITS A TRUE, BRIGHT YELLOW. REMEMBER LAY DOWN SOME WHITE FIRST! :biggrin:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yellow on Paradise is quite appealing :cool:

Yup thats what Im looking for, anyone got an idea what it takes to get this. Which base coat and color it its?
SEEN THIS CAR AT A SHOW, AS FOR THE BASE IT LOOKED LIKE A WHITE PEARL AND THE KANDY, LIME HOK :dunno:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by southGAcustoms+Nov 25 2008, 11:10 PM~12260391-->
lol so much for painting your cutty pretty soon eh? 2 years later....... :0
[/b]
Yea i just threw it into storage, Got busy working on other things but when i got out here to TX i desided its time it get this thing out.

<!--QuoteBegin-Texas_Bowties
@Nov 27 2008, 11:37 AM~12274552
pics of it outside?
I'll post once i bring it outside, havnt even pulled it out yet.

Heres one pic of it with some more light,

1 - 20 of 31 Posts