LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
you mean tuners?

NOPE!

There has been a couple of Import tuner posts in the past few years (LIL as a whole), but I don't think this is the best place to ask that question...

This is a Lowrider site, with posts geared more towards hydraulics, and Chevy's....

Good luck on your quest though.... :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I dont have any pics, but ive seen Acura with Skyline R33 Head & Tail Light conversions. . . but they are different in length, Weight, Engine, Height & Width. your best bet is to maybe register on www.hondahookup.com and face the jury, your fore warned. . . mostly people that look toward doing worthless conversions are labeled a 'ricer'. So just explain that its a show car or something first.

pzz

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i fifnally found some on acura-legende.com and thets whut they said they were ricer. but hey i am sorry legends are the closets things to a sky u can get here in us and i am to poor to buy a real skyline

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Actually Skyline R33's are available in the U.S. Talk to a Nissan Dealer.

If you want a better conversion that isnt as Ricey as throwing Nissan Head and Tails on a Acura/Honda. . . Try looking into a 95 or 96 Nissan 240 SX. You can get a SR20 engine (up to 500HP on the stock internals), do a swap, Convert the headlights and tail lights. . . then nobody would ever be able to tell the difference with the exception that it wont be a right hand drive car.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Here is the truth

sr20 ...good engine :0

you could say the sr20 is 4 cil version of the skyline engine....

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry i just like the legend i dont want to get 240 becouse my best friend really wants one and is thinking on geting one and it would be weird if i had one 2. and i just really like the legends there are a few swaps u can do with them to get some great hp

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
No swap is going to make a Acura Legend "fast" per say. They are a V6, the only real option out there is the V6 Euro Accord Type S engine but youll be praying for a low 14 to high 13 second car . . . but its your money.

www.extremedimensions.com sells an Type R33 kit. I dont think it really looks authentic, but its a start. Molded and the air dams filed down right and it could pose as a skyline front end. If you look in their conversion section there, you may be able to find lights from a skyline.

I beleive Centerline Wheels makes rims that look very simular to skyline rims.

you can also try www.imotorgear.com to check for real JDM parts.

I just hope you put as much effort towards making the car fast as you do the cosmetics. It would be a shame to see a 'skyline' with no balls under the hood. . ;)

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Here is the truth

sr20 ...good engine  

you could say the sr20 is 4 cil version of the skyline engine....
I agree with what you say. . . i dont agree with the little pic up there. I feel that you can make Hondas just as fast. You just have to get the right car, do the right swap, and just know how to put it together.

I like Nissan engines too. . . but i walk all over my freind that has a 96 200 SX with a Sr15 swap with my little SOHC 1.6 Vtec 88 CRX. So i wouldnt go so far to hate on Honda :cool:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Trust me, if you want a skyline, do the right thing and get one, don't try and make your car look like one. Have you ever seen those fieros that they turn into lambo's? I saw one at a show and he was laughed out of the building. If you truely want a GTR buy one http://www.motorex.net/ They can get you one legally in the US, and it is the only way right now to do so.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
DeAdPhLow
I don't hate honda ...I do hate honda owners who put a few stickers and shopping cart wings and think their car is the fastest in the world :uh:

the s2000 is my fav.

"I feel that you can make Hondas just as fast"

That is true... you can make all cars fast ...you just have to spend
your money the right way (notice: painting your engine won't help)

There's a small datsun pickup...they call it My toy
well this car has a datsun 1800 sovc engine with a custom modified catterpillar turbo.... this car runs in the 10's

a friend of mine had a 12 sec crx with type r engine ,no turbo, no nitrous..... (the car doesn't exist anymore... bad accident :( )

combinening honda with nissan :uh: ...I think you'll be laughed at
but it's your choice...

about
it would be weird if i had one 2....

well any car you buy someone else is going to have 1 too

what about the 300zx twin turbo ;)

Last edited by Supernaut at Sep 29 2003, 08:32 AM

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I gotcha. . .

did your freind have the ZC engine or B16a2 in his rex?

I decided to go with with my 1.6 for the simple fact that the engine gave me 128 HP compared to 130 from the DOHC ZC, but w/ Vtec my Tourque is 126 ftlps compared to 118ftlps on the Bigger ZC. . . and it only costed me 450.00 to build the engine.

I have a Stage II Greddy Turbo Kit (got it for 600.00, had the down pipes and manifold custom made) , ACT Stage II Racing Clutch, & OBX Short Shifter. . . my best run was 12.8 in the 1/4 but with better tires im sure i could get it down to 12.5 or so. so like you said, it definately depends on using the right parts with the right car ;)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the motors in the legend is a c series and the ones in the nsx are that to. also i saw this guy do a 3.5 litter swap in his legend and he had 300 hp. i really wish i could get a sky but after selling my car i am going to have only like $8,000

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes it can be done the motor is in the back and the car is rear wheel drivethe legend is a front mid motor car front wheel drive thats whut honda calls it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts