LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body ever tighten an 80's g.m. steering collumn at the tilt point.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I did there like 3 screws that got real lose. it was causing my ride to shut off. I was a real bitch putting everything back together because I forgot how to put the stuff back on, pluse drinking and buzzing doesnt help when your taking shit apart

·
Super Smasher
3,948 Posts
haha this a fucking pain in the ass, not very difficult though...you will have to remove the steering wheel, lock cylinder, and turn signal mechanism....there are 4 little bolts/screws (cant remember) that you will want to put lock tight on and get them nice and tight, and thats it...put it back together your done :cool:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
i have had 3 cutlass's and all of them had that same problem. I just took mine to firestone and they fixxed it for like $25

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
you guys talking about eliminating play in the coloumn ? sounds easy enough, i've just picked up a Regal with the same poroblem, like the column adjuster hasn't locked into place.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Originally posted by outkastbd82@Dec 6 2003, 03:17 PM~1373489
i have had 3 cutlass's and all of them had that same problem. I just took mine to firestone and they fixxed it for like $25
good deal im gonna call them fags and see if they can fix mine too

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Originally posted by outkastbd82@Dec 6 2003, 03:17 PM~1373489
they want 45 just to look at it maybe its just at the firestone you go to :uh:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Originally posted by hoppn81@Dec 5 2003, 05:20 PM~1370564
any body ever tighten an 80's g.m. steering collumn at the tilt point.
YEP, I REBUILD COLUMS IN MY GARAGE.ESP. 68-72 G.M. A-BODY. SHOOT ME A PM WHEN YOU NEED SOME HELP. :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
JUST NEED LONG HEX KEYS... REAL SIMPLE AFTER THE TURN SIGNAL SWITCH IS REMOVED......

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
WOW 2003 AND ITS STILL LOOSE

·
Registered
11,240 Posts
Originally posted by Dylante63@Dec 6 2003, 12:34 PM~1373310
haha this a fucking pain in the ass,  not very difficult though...you will have to remove the steering wheel, lock cylinder, and turn signal mechanism....there are 4 little bolts/screws (cant remember) that you will want to put lock tight on and get them nice and tight, and thats it...put it back together your done :cool:
:confused: :biggrin: :biggrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts