LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10 batt. 3 pump set up piston to the front 6 batt, 72v going to it .
tried to hop it but after 6 hits it acted like it was loosing pressure.
cheked the batt. they all checked out fully charged i dissasembled it thinking that one of the seals had busted but they all were good.changed the oil thinking that it was to thin. the reason why i belived it was thin, because after i did the first 6 hits
the pump it self got hot to the point that it was olmost untuchable so i belived it was thining out the oil. it did not help checked the motor it looks like new.

i am running a 3/4 block with a 3/4 parker check valve ,1/2 parker water faucetslow down a italian dump # 11 g force 2 pump head #8 hoses all the way,
8in. strokes from a y block olso got a check valve on the return side i was told
to put one there because of the pressure from the piston pushing the oil this would keep the pressure from blowing the seal out of the dump .
tried changing out the block and the pump head from a diffrent pump but it did the same thing. started out fine then it acted like it was loosing pressure.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME ?

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
what kind of fluid are u using. how are u setting the piston, also sounds like u might have not enough fluid the pump, or the fluid is becoming foamy so it sounds like its got no fluid. if anything u would loose the pressure seal first if thats the problem. ur motor is gonna get hot, what kind of pump we talkin about and what type of motor

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
using 30nd oil as far as how i set it up
i flill it up first then i bleed it then i lock it up fill the rest then fill the piston side with air
obout 100psi. thats what a can get with my commpressor do not have nitrogen yet
but i olso do not want to keep wasting nitrogen till i can get it working correctly.
it,s a pro hopper piston pump . i was olso told about honing out the inside of the
piston cyl. i was told that there was a problem with the way that they were finished
so i honed it smood and it helped a lot but still not write.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
using 30nd oil as far as how i set it up
i flill it up first then i bleed it then i lock it up fill the rest then fill the piston side with air
obout 100psi. thats what a can get with my commpressor do not have nitrogen yet
but i olso do not want to keep wasting nitrogen till i can get it working correctly.
it,s a pro hopper piston pump . i was olso told about honing out the inside of the
piston cyl. i was told that there was a problem with the way that they were finished
so i honed it smood and it helped a lot but still not write. and the motor is a saco heavy duty that i have a xtra ground to it.

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
Originally posted by 41chev@Sep 23 2007, 12:06 AM~8850747
fill tank up lock it up bleed the lines .dump. lift back up. top off the tank just past the top of the gear tighten filler cap and charge the tank
dont top off with it lifted, you could over fill and blow the tank off

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the previous pump that i had in it was! a marzoochi #13
and a diffrent block and it did the same thing .
iam thinking that maybe the check valve is geting stuck and not letting the full pressure go throu ? could this be possible?? this is the only thing that has remained the same in both block,s

thank,s kingfish coustoms for all your help i reali apriciate and respect all your apinions

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
if running a piston pump u really dont need a slowdown vavle on it, i know when i ran a slow down on mine it would act funny even when it was opened all the way up and my slow down was a 3/4 slow down. the marz #13 isnt the best gear to be running with only 72 volts. a # 9 would be one of ur best option for that low of volatage then next u have the #11 but #11's work better with 8 or more batteries. is it possible that u have the incorrect size of o ring for the pressure seal? just seems odd and theres not a whole lot it could be so ur options are few, but need to run thru the less costly ones to figure the problem

question for deltoro and blackmagic. just thinking out the box here, he is only running 72 volts to the piston pump, wouldnt having a single #8 hose, y blocked under the hood be a better option for him since he is running low voltage? figure with that low of voltage on his pump that the more fluid becoming foamy from 2 lines would be far less if it was thru a single line?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the way that i have it set up is this way single #8 all the way to the front then the
Y block to two #8 straight to cyl.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i took it my pump all apart today and went trou it all i found a lot of metal shavings
in it i cleaned it all out flushed out all the lines dissasembled the head and found eavry thing intact put the pump back together again and it did the same thing
replaced the check valve and it did the same thing like i said earlyer the pump
head look,s great.

can any one help???????
any more sugestions ar ideas?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
found the problem i think?
i replaced the pump head one more time with a no name pump head my homie said that it was #10marzoochi but it did not have any markings
anyway,s my car work,s great now but i am sill a little confused both of my other heads ware new is it possible that both a g force2 and a marzoochi had the same problem or was i just lucky to have these problems????????

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Originally posted by caddyrider479@Oct 2 2007, 08:48 PM~8919957
found the problem i think?
i replaced the pump head one more time with a no name  pump head my homie said that it was #10marzoochi but it did not have any markings
anyway,s my car work,s great now but i am sill a little confused both of my other heads ware new is it possible that both a g force2 and a marzoochi had the same problem or was i just lucky to have these problems????????
i wouldnt be surprised if the gforce 2 was junk from the get go, but the marz, thats a surprise, maybe you just overtightened them??? were you the one that bought the piston kit from me??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts