LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
i dont feel tardy
Joined
·
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do i need to oil these compressors?

are airlift bags junk?

do i need to do anything to keep the bags fresh over winter? lines? valves? etc.


what basic maintenance should i be doing?


how do i quiet this thing down/ stop the whistle sound it makes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
airlift bags(the new denmoinators are the shit) are decent, put some airbrake anit-freeze in your air tank to prevent your valves from freezing in cold weather, also ive put alil airtool oil in also just to keep the valves lubercated good.
 

·
i dont feel tardy
Joined
·
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i believe these are dominator bags


:dunno: theyr brand new i know that
 

·
i dont feel tardy
Joined
·
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can i T off my pressure switch with the gauge on the opposite side?
 

·
OHH YEEEAH!!!!
Joined
·
1,713 Posts
What kinda comps? If they be engine driven comps, then yes. Add some 10w-30 to it every few months or so. Electric comps don't require oiling.


Electric compressors = a bicycle
Engine driven (yorks) = a motorcycle

Hope you didn't forget a saftey/pop-off valve :nicoderm:
 

·
i dont feel tardy
Joined
·
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by maddogg20/20@Nov 29 2008, 09:07 PM~12290828
What kinda comps? If they be engine driven comps, then yes.  Add some 10w-30 to it every few months or so.  Electric comps don't require oiling.
Electric compressors = a bicycle
Engine driven (yorks) = a motorcycle

Hope you didn't forget a saftey/pop-off valve  :nicoderm:
i think it has a pop off/ release valve at the bottom :dunno:
 

·
OHH YEEEAH!!!!
Joined
·
1,713 Posts
Originally posted by REV. chuck@Nov 29 2008, 07:31 PM~12290624
can i T off my pressure switch  with the gauge on the opposite side?
Sure why not, as they say in the Navy "There is no such thing as a wrong hole" :ugh:


To quiet the dumps down, I route the exhust air through a large pipe/tank with small holes all in the sides and line it with foam-rubber. Small fittings that look like a filter (commonly known as silencers) are available, but they blow goats....just like electric compressors.
 

·
OHH YEEEAH!!!!
Joined
·
1,713 Posts
Originally posted by REV. chuck@Nov 29 2008, 06:35 PM~12290306

what basic maintenance should i be doing?

:dunno:
Just remember to never leave the vehicle's suspension hanging while its supported on jack stands.
 

·
i dont feel tardy
Joined
·
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i can take say some black gas line or what have you drill some holes in it wrap it foam rubber and cap it ?

PICS?
 

·
OHH YEEEAH!!!!
Joined
·
1,713 Posts
Originally posted by REV. chuck@Nov 29 2008, 08:22 PM~12290929
so i can take say  some black gas line or what have you  drill some holes in it  wrap it foam rubber and cap it  ?

PICS?
Should work, but i say it needs a larger hollow area to get dumped in first, like a 4'' pvc pipe thats 2'-3' long.

Imagine dumping a bag @250psi with nothing to kill the noise.
Now picture dumping the same bag inside a refrigerator w/holes & foam exiting out from it.
The main goal is to drop the psi some, and then deal with muffling the noise.
I say that's the most effective way of preventing the awful sound of air bags, except for routing the dump air back into the intake of the comps....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,998 Posts
i had airlifts old 2b7 bags and i blew the crimp ring off the fuckin bag :| as far as maintainance empty the water out of the about once a month. hot air condensates when it cools down. for winter if ur gonna fuck with it add about a cap full of airbreak antifreeze from a truck stop. that will not allow the water in the tank to freeze the valves. um the thinjg on the bottom is probably a pop off to drain the tank
 

·
i dont feel tardy
Joined
·
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by hearse@Nov 29 2008, 10:16 PM~12291285
i had airlifts old 2b7 bags and i blew the crimp ring off the fuckin bag :| as far as maintainance empty the water out of the about once a month. hot air condensates when it cools down. for winter if ur gonna fuck with it add about a cap full of airbreak antifreeze from a truck stop. that will not allow the water in the tank to freeze the valves. um the thinjg on the bottom is probably a pop off to drain the tank
yeah i can unscrew it to drain the tank


these bags arent crimped i looked at that first thing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
Originally posted by Simplicity@Dec 1 2008, 08:57 AM~12300957
The Dominators have proven to be a huge leap forward. I have used them a few times now. They have been great!  :cool:
better than slams? :0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,324 Posts
Originally posted by thapachuco@Dec 1 2008, 07:13 PM~12304435
better than slams?  :0
I didnt go quite that far. But it is a huge improvement over
the old design.
I would rate them in this order
1 - Slams
2 - Dominators
3 - Firestone
4 - Contitech
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top