LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey homiess

i got myself a balla trike and want to pimp it up more....og style.

i want to make a love seat on the back with a scissor lift. Only thing is i have nooo idea how to make it. Could someone who has made one or has one maybe post up some close up pics of their love seat and how they made it.

much appreciated

this is my trike

thanks,
beggs

·
Registered
74 Posts
that trike is sweet australia is representing :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
we made a couple like 4 years ago....... just use flat bar cut it into like 8 pieces of 12 inches.... drill one whole on each end... and on in the center..... connect them in pairs of 2 flat bars by the center wholes...... then stack them up on top of each other so u have 4 X on then connect them to each other so u have two pairs of 2 x's one on top of the other so u have 2 seperate pairs of X's..... put one end of the highest X bolted onto the seat... then the other end put on a rail on the bottom of the seat... then on the bottom of the rack you put the opposit end bolted to the bike and the other end on a slide.... i wish i had pics... but hope this helps... but even though i wrote it, it kinda confuses me...lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeh thanks alot, that pic helps heaps.
Just one question....im wandering how does the scissor lift hold the seat up there and how do you make it come down. Basically how does the elevating of the seat work??

thanks yo

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
how we did it was where the center of the top X instead of just using a small bolt n nut to holdthem together we put a long threaded rod connect both sets left and right sides together and we had a prohopper cylender going to that

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh ok i see.....what do you mean by a prohopper cylinder? how does this work exaclty?

sorry for all the questions hahah im just new to all this

thanks

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
im not sure if they still do, but pro hopper used to sell bicycle cylenders for about 80 bucks........ if u can find the issue that "jokers wild 2" from miami was featured in im not sure which issue.. i know it came out in LRM july of 03 issue i believe..... im not sure which issue of LRB it came out in though. you might be able to see how we did the scissor lift.

·
Exclusive Prez
3,281 Posts
i think the drawing is logic, and the system with the pro hopper cylinders is a good idea, you can also do it without droz, just usin electric acuators fixed the same way like you said should do it :cool:

and how it works wel, when it comes down the X's come together en the long opening on the bottom part is so that it can slide, when it slides forward it closes down, when it slides backwards is rises up, and for the upper part its just the oposite, when its goes down it slides to the back and when it raises to the front ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts