LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into a cheap system for my jeep, nothing huge just somthin that will sound good wit the top off. i was thinking about 2 15's 2 10's 2 6x9's 2 tweeters and a small $100 amp from wallmart (i know wallmart=shit) to go along with a 15 disk changer..i can get it all for under $350......does anyone have suggestions for a low budget system for what im wanting...oh yea im only 15 with no job and saving my money is a bitch so dont suggest anything that cost more than what im already looking into please
chad

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
honestly, it would be in your bst intrest to atleast get a decent amp. thas just me talking doe.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a '72 jeep jeepster camando...they only made that style for 2 years. they kind of remind you of a international scout or a old bronco

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Originally posted by corndawg@Sep 16 2003, 06:47 PM
im looking into a cheap system for my jeep, nothing huge just somthin that will sound good wit the top off. i was thinking about 2 15's 2 10's 2 6x9's 2 tweeters and a small $100 amp from wallmart (i know wallmart=shit) to go along with a 15 disk changer..i can get it all for under $350......does anyone have suggestions for a low budget system for what im wanting...oh yea im only 15 with no job and saving my money is a bitch so dont suggest anything that cost more than what im already looking into please
chad
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?a...0fc209a9fd32765

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
hey, i say get a set of components and a good 2-channel amp. i have 2-12s 2-6x9 4-ways and 2-6 3/4"s, a 520 watt 4-channel and a 500 watt 2-channel to the subs. everything is pioneer. today i just got some infinity reference6000cs components and the 6800cs for the rear. i have the front installed and the rears disconnected and the subs disconnected too and it sounds great. you can fell the bass on your pants. pretty amazing for some 6 1/2s!

check out www.etronics.com theyre cheap as hell.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also.....if i only hooked up the 10's and 15's to the amp would all i need be a 4 channel? or could i hook up more than 4 speakers on a 4 channel?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i know next to nothing about what is needed for what. but what if i ran a splitter and ran both the 10's and 15's off of the same amp..i also dont know if this makes a difference but they are cheap subs...im getting the 2 MTX road thunder 10's off my brother for $40 and 2 pyramid 15's for $100.....is there any way to make them get different powers like putting more power to the 10's since the 15's arent very good quality?

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 17 2003, 08:46 PM
run either the 10's or the 15's. not both. Sound travels in waves, kinda like water, the small wave travel faster while the big waves travel slower.
that and don't get a 4 chnl amp to power em. Get either a 2 chnl or mono.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts