LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the first exposure that I got to low riding was old school domestics (grew up in San Ysidro, CA). I still have much love for these cars, but being asian, I also starting going towards the Japanese big body "low riders".

What is your opinion on this scene? In all sense of the word the car itself is a low rider, however, it's culture is much different from the traditional scene.

Any thoughts? What are your opinions on this particular trend?

Chris

*putting on my flame suit, just in case*

example:

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
VIP style is what they call it. (pronounced "bip") Im sure most people on lil wont care for it, but I love it. very much like lowriders. strecthing tires that are too small onto big rims the same way 5.20's go on 13-7's. they sit way low, and there clean as hell.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup, VIP Style. I wanted to avoid that word, cause most people associate VIP cars with DUB show type cars.

Thanks for the reply...keep em coming.

Chris

·
Registered
22,775 Posts
I'm a Lowrider 4 life.......................But that style looks alright :cool:

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
don't buy a car because of your race, buy it because you like it. Who cares what other people think. The VIP style looks much more practical than a lowrider, but to each his own.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Originally posted by chris_sa@Aug 18 2006, 06:19 PM~5996970
I know the first exposure that I got to low riding was old school domestics (grew up in San Ysidro, CA).  I still have much love for these cars, but being asian, I also starting going towards the Japanese big body "low riders".

What is your opinion on this scene?  In all sense of the word the car itself is a low rider, however, it's culture is much different from the traditional scene.

Any thoughts?  What are your opinions on this particular trend?

Chris

*putting on my flame suit, just in case*

example:

I would say that the car rides low, but i wouldnt go as far as to call it a Lowrider

·
Registered
22,775 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Originally posted by Iced2@Aug 18 2006, 08:17 PM~5997585
I would say that the car rides low, but i wouldnt go as far as to call it a Lowrider
I couldn't have said it better myself :cool:

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Originally posted by G-Bodyman@Aug 18 2006, 10:54 PM~5998179
I couldn't have said it better myself :cool:

x10

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hear all the comments.

I did not gravitate due to race. I just never got into the old school low rider scene cause I was young then. As I got older, my friends changed and I wasn't around the old school stuff as much.

I respect all forms car styles. I really think the passion and the culture of low riders is well beyond that of the "VIP" scene of Japan. The culture in Japan supposedly dates to the Japanese mafia, Yakuza.

At this point, i'm really feelin the domestics. One of these days I'm gonna build a domestic. I'm in progress of building a big body Lexus right now. So yeah...keep the comments coming. I like the opinions.

Thank you
Chris

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
i always wonder how the japs tuck those deep dish wheels on their hondas. i seen pics with 13x7 deep dish tucking under the fender.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts