LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want my S-10 to lay completely down in the front if possible, so i was wondering if the lowered tubular A-arms would work without breaking since ive only seen them on bag setups or if they would even do the trick at all....truck frame is about 4-5 inches off the ground right now

I got 8" inch cylindars in front with 3 ton coils and 17" wheels...if that would effect anything at all......

thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the a arms are pretty close to touching the cylinders, and im already resting on the bump stops so i didnt think cutting the coils down more would be a good idea

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
i have heard that tubulars bend with hydros. i would get grop spindles and take the bumpstop out.

·
Registered
325 Posts
take out the bump stop and notch your frame in the back the a-arm will hit there stopping you from going to. make sure you reinforce it there with the dros

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
If you take out your bump stops the arms should hit the frame if the springs are as short as you say they are. That is really the lowest you can get with the stock front suspension. I would recommend adding deep cups if you don't already have some so you could add a lil more spring to make the front ride a lil better. It should still lay low if you cut the springs right. I usually cut a little at a time and leave it about an inch or so higher than where I want my ride to sit that way when the springs break in and settle they will be where I want them. And if you take out the bump stops and it is still not the height to where you want it I would also recommend some 2"dropped spindles that will bring the tires up 2" in the wheel well and the frame 2" closer to the ground. :biggrin: ;)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Tubular arms are stronger than stock- just as strong as a wrapped set in my opinion- they worked for me on my 'Prix!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts