LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok on the lower a arm do i cut off the highlighted area or keep it and also the opposite side and do i plate the balljoint area or not and do i have to plate the sides of the arm i will
be wrapping the bottom

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by jett06@Nov 21 2008, 10:35 PM~12226173
ok on the lower a arm do i cut off the highlighted area or keep it  and also the opposite side  and do i plate the balljoint area or not and do i have to plate the sides of the arm i will
be wrapping the bottom
we plated the inside of the arm so the outside looked stock. we recessed the spring pocket and angled it inwards towards the motor and make it bigger to accomodate the coils much better. i dont see why u couldnt remove the highlighted section. depending on what ur doing with the car if ur hopping it, i woudlnt plate over the lower balljoint area, incase you break it and need to replace it. just plate up to it. we just plated up to ours just for that purpose. now if ur running a 48v setup on the front, i just dont see that balljoint breaking, but anythings possible with hydraulics. then plate the hole bottom of the arm. and youll also want to plate the insides of the bushing area. we used a piece of 3/16 cuz its bends easier and was easier to get it on the inside of that section. just becareful, if u weld over the lip that you grind the welds down so you dont have problems when u put it back into place. and if u use new bushings make sure you grease the outsides of the bushing so that they slide back into place inside their pockets

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by jett06@Nov 22 2008, 09:30 AM~12228728
mucho thanks kingfish
no problem. i 4 get what that section was used for that u want to cut off. i know the other one was for linkage

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so should i keep it or cut it off what would you suggest its not gonna be a mad hopper or nothing just wanna make it to where it can perform if i ever get called out in the streets

1 - 6 of 6 Posts