LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had lowers that were but that was in my days of hopping. Now it's just up and down low and slow. So do I really have to reinforce them?

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
i would cause the spring like to blow out of the bottom if your not gonna hope at all i think you might be OK for a little bit but eventually they'll start popping threw

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
at least put a 1/4" plate over the spring seat (well underneath). mine started to bust threw

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Originally posted by stillchippin@Jan 20 2009, 05:00 PM~12763416
I've had lowers that were but that was in my days of hopping. Now it's just up and down low and slow.  So do I really have to reinforce them?

no, u dont need to reinforce them. b/c they will not see tha force that they do when hopping. ;)

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
better safe than sorry

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by dtysthriderz@Jan 20 2009, 07:48 PM~12764521
no, u dont need to reinforce them. b/c they will not see tha force that they do when hopping. ;)

true, but you forget how the lowers have a factory bend in them near the mount....its well advised to plate the bottoms so that they are boxed in just like a trailing arm....otherwise even though ur not hopping with them thats still more pressure than the A arm would normally have...youre pump will put out over 1000 psi....i would say its best to plate them now before u need to go and get another set

·
Registered
386 Posts
Originally posted by stillchippin@Jan 20 2009, 05:00 PM~12763416
I've had lowers that were but that was in my days of hopping. Now it's just up and down low and slow.  So do I really have to reinforce them?
REGAURDLESS IF YOU DONT HOP UR CAR WHEN U ROLL WITH FLUID IN THE CYLINDERS YOU ARE PUTTING TENSION ON THE LOWER A ARM ,, AVOID THE HEADACHE ;)

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool thanks guys :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
just put a plate underneath the arm were the spring sits. 1/4" so the spring dosent blow out the bottom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts