LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i dropped my 84 fleetwood brougham 3", and now it has developed a slight driveline vibration. what angle degree should the driveshaft be? i measured it out and my drive shaft angle is 0 degrees. should be some angle to it to offset both u joints. is there a way to tilt the rear diff in these cars to give angle to the ujoints?

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
u shouldnt have vibration probably a bad u joint or another issue you should be concerned with the u joints should be offset but it shouldnt cause a vibration if they arent it isnt that critical as long as they arent binding

·
Premium Member
18,724 Posts
you can buy adjustable upper trailing arms but your driveshaft could be rubbing on the driveshaft bumpstop or tires could be rubbing or who knows. just dropping it shouldnt have an extreme bad driveshaft angle because it was designed to go that low on big bumps or whatever, only when you go beyond what the suspension travel was designed for is when you start to get bad angles

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm, didnt know there were adjustable trailing arms out the for these cars. i had it on the lift at work and nothing rubs anywhere. u joints only have about 500 miles on them and have been checked just the same. the drive shaft needs some angle to cancel out the natural vibration from the u joints, otherwise the center of the driveshaft will create a vibration. i just can't remember what that angle is supposed to be lol. must have slept through that part of trade school hahahaha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.