LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it harder to lower a 4wd blazer than a 2wd blazer? would i need extra parts or anything like that? what makes it harder if it is

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
People always ask these questions, and if they understood what the problem was, they wouldnt have to. That said, there isnt much you can do besides explain it. Its harder / impossible to go as low as a 2wd, BECAUSE in a 4WD, you basically have a rear end in the front (obviously not the same, but im talking to people who dont understand why it cant be lowered) Now the rear has a gap above it which the rear end (pumpkin, axles etc.) tuck into not the same for the front WOULD apply but there's a motor in the way. Hence the problem. The motor cant move, the casing cant go up as high as the rear because of the motr. Therefore you cant go super low. It cant be lowered, just not enuf that i would ever waste time on it..

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
They also say "Ignorance is Bliss" There are some correct points in these replies but not 100% correct.... First of all what year blazer are we talking about?

Second.... It is very possible to lower a 4wd.... (They are right in saying) "Not as Low as a 2WD" but you can lower it so damn low that you lay out, and get that slammed look.... Using hydraulics on a 4wd tends to be alot easier than using air because of the bracketry and size of the bags when trying to fit them into 4wd front suspension.... In the end most opt to remove the front axles both for clearance and for maximum drop as the axles will only allow a certain amount of angle of drop on the control arm....

Hope this helps a little more :biggrin:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by impala_631@Jul 11 2003, 01:46 PM~871528
yup-the trannys on the 4wd blazer hang down lower too-but if you did lower it all you would have to do is use blocks in the rear and turn the tortion bars-4wd blazers have tortion bars so it would be halfway easy to do the front-but u would be way better off getting a 2wd
I didnt know that, I thought the height of a car was based almost mostly on the suspension, I am in the same situation as the original poster too

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts