LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Lowlife Hydraulics

6K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Marty McFly 
#1 · (Edited)
Before I get started, I just want to say I get no enjoyment out of bashing companies. This really isn't my style, but I feel I should share experience buying parts from Lowlife hydraulics. I'll try to be brief.. ordered chrome reinforced and extended 1" upper control arms for my 63 Impala. Requested since they're fabricating them, could they fabricate them for my 4 hole heavy duty (unbreakable) ball joint. Rick agreed. I also ordered a chrome / reinforced y-bone. Rick said he'd give me a deal. $600 for the Upper control arms. $300 for the Y-bone. $40.00 for upper control arm bushings. for a total of $940.00 shipped. This was March 7th 2013, Rick said give me 2 weeks, I'll have my guys bust those parts out for you.

about 5 weeks and numerous phone calls later.. I get a hold of Rick and he said he was waiting for the bushings to come in. He wanted to save on shipping. I could understand that.. no problemo. I asked for the tracking number.. never got one. another week goes by and the UPS man knocks on my door. A box from Lowlife.. It's like Christmas! I tear open the box and find 2 chrome & extended 1" upper control arms... Where's the bushing? Where's the Y-bone? Where's the rest of my shit? I call lowlife.. no answer.. This was Friday.. I wait the weekend and call again on Monday.. no answer. I email Rick.. whats going on? where's my parts? Paypal only gives you 45 days to file a dispute and that day is quickly approaching. Finally I get ahold of Rick a week later and he says don't worry.. I'll have a tracking number to you by the end of the day.. this was the following Friday. No tracking number. I call, no answer. I figured I'd give it till the next Monday again.. I call.. no answer.. I email.. no response. I file a dispute with Paypal while I still have that option. Paypal gave me a date (5/5/2013) which I can escalated it to them while I still try and work things out with lowlife.. I was still unable to get a tracking number.. Paypal emailed me saying they weren't able to get in touch with lowlife and I should escalate.

I escalated to Paypal. I got an email from Lowlife telling me "Shit happens" & "I hooked you up" & "I don't rip anyone off" and I lovely picture of my parts.. but again.. no tracking number.. I log into my paypal account today check the status of my dispute and there is a tracking number. Looks like it was shipped out today, May 7th.. 2 MONTHS LATER!

As for the upper control arms.. One ball joint fit right in.. the other ball joint needed to be hammered into place. On the one ball joint I had to hammer the bolts in.. but they went in.. Besides a little pitting where you really won't see it anyways.. It looks great! The other ball joint holes weren't lining up on the control arm.. and it looked a little off kilter. Looks like I'm going to have to drill them out or return it to Lowlife.. Since this is my 2nd bad experience trying to get parts.. back to back.(first time was with a layitlow member, not lowlife). all I really want to do is ride my lowrider. So I'm leaning towards seeing if I can make them work. & Cross my fingers everything else works too.

But other than that.. my only real beef with lowlife hydraulics is the over 2 month wait time (and still waiting) I paid the premium because I thought I was going to get it done and done right and done fast.

I'll follow up with this thread after I get all my parts and have them installed and revisit this thread. But 2 months waiting to get parts that were only supposed to take 2 weeks.. is ridiculous! And that's why I'll never do business with lowlife hydraulics again.

See less See more
#2 ·
Damn thats fucked up man sorry to hear bout that. Thats the reason why I never do shipping . Never pay for something that's not in ur hands.
I've bought many things from low life there cool as long as u go buy ur stuff face to face.
U can't trust anybody thru shipping everyone's just trying to rip eachother off these days.

#3 ·
Normally, I never buy anything unless I have my paws on it. And my lowrider mentor "Kakalak" has even offered on numerous occasions to make me some.. hindsight, I should had him make them for me. I really thought buying them from Lowlife would expedite the process along... vs.. buying the templates and wait for them to be shipped. Wait for Kakalak to fit it in his schedule, then ship them out for chrome. NOW I know I should of stuck with Kakalak.. or Empire Customs in AZ! (empire does nice work! I love the rear trailing arms I purchased from them!)

#5 ·
The man himself! I'm going to post an review on your ass too now I know there's a feedback section! :rofl:, na, it'd be a good one.. well mostly..lol Hope you're not here to rub it in. Still waiting on my parts..

#7 ·
I got all my parts.. everything looks good. Now I just hope everything fits / works. I will post up again w/ pictures when I get everything installed.

#10 ·
same thing happen to me all I ordered was two sets of 8 cylinders. i kept calling talk to rick with in the first months he said he would call me back in two day with tracking # but never did. the second month he said he would call me back in 5 min and never did.. I said forget it and ordered some from CoolCars and they got here in 3 days. Got on Paypal and opened up a case and two weeks later i finally got a tracking #.. Never again will i use Low Life Hydraulics....May be that's why there called LOW LIFE!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.