LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hey whats wrong with the new lowrider mag its strange i says that "Prophecy " won first place sweepstakes and it shows a pic of the old wolverine frame the first one that was full custom
can some one explain that to me :dunno:

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
Originally posted by __Bosha__@Oct 6 2003, 04:02 PM
Hey whats wrong with the new lowrider mag its strange i says that "Prophecy " won first place sweepstakes and it shows a pic of the old wolverine frame the first one that was full custom
yes a old lowrider issue.

·
Registered
483 Posts
old? on the cover it says november 2003 and on the page behind the old wolverine bike it has freddy's revenge in a small box and says " his name -dunno it- takes home display sweepstakes " or somehting like that

·
Banned
5,403 Posts
Originally posted by __Bosha__@Oct 6 2003, 01:02 PM
same question as bosha...it was the same show...but prophect beat out wolverine in sweepstakes and now wolverine wins all?hmm confused

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
THE WOLVERINE THAT WAS IN HOUSTON WAS THE ORIGINAL FULL CUSTOM FRAME WE DID BACK IN 98. THE RADICAL ONE WAS STILL BEING WORKED ON AND WE HAD ALREADY PRE-REG SO WE JUST DECIDED TO THROW PEOPLE FOR A LOOP AND SHOW UP WITH THE OLD FRAME. THAT FRAME HAD BEEN PUT UP FOR FIVE YEARS AND STILL CAME OUT AND TOOK 2ND OVERALL......AND NOT TOO FAR BEHIND PROPHECY.

ONCE THE RADICAL WAS DONE WE TOOK IT TO SAN ANTONIO AND QUALIFIED IT THERE. SORRY ABOUT THE CONFUSION. ALSO, IN THE MAGAZINE THE NAME IS UNDER SOMEONE ELSE'S. WE WERE JUST HAVING FUN.

AS FOR VEGAS AS IT HAS BEEN SAID WE WON THE 2003 BIKE OF THE YEAR. IT WAS ROUGH GETTING THINGS GOING, WE HAD BEEN WORKING NON-STOP ON THE BIKE SINCE RIGHT BEFORE SAN ANTONIO. ALL THAT WORK PAID OFF THOUGH.

THE RESULTS WENT LIKE THIS.......

WOLVERINE--2003 BIKE OF THE YEAR
------BEST ENGRAVING--BEST BODY MODS--BEST PAINT--BEST MURAL

PROPHECY--2ND PLACE
-----BEST USE OF ACCES--BEST PLATING--BEST DISPLAY

SUPERMAN--3RD PLACE

DRAGON BIKE--2003 TRIKE OF THE YEAR
-----BEST UPHOLSTERY

LIL OUTER LIMITS--2ND PLACE
-----BEST GRAPHICS

?????--3RD PLACE

ALL IN ALL THE SHOW WAS GOOD. NICE COMPETITION.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Originally posted by satansprophecy66@Oct 6 2003, 09:47 PM
WOW!!! who took full kustom will big congrats on wolverine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Who got runner up?
THE FULL CUSTOM CLASS WAS WON BY FREDDY'S REVENGE REPPING LEGIONS BIKE CLUB. I THINK HE SHOULD OF GOT BEST DISPLAY.

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
Originally posted by BigTex@Oct 7 2003, 01:36 AM
AS FOR VEGAS AS IT HAS BEEN SAID WE WON THE 2003 BIKE OF THE YEAR.
Congrats homie :thumbsup: was there ever a doubt! you beat Superman & Prophecy that speaks loud on you & your bro behave congrats and i wish you the best next season.

Were there any sore losers this time around?
& were the pics at?

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by BigTex@Oct 6 2003, 11:36 PM
THE WOLVERINE THAT WAS IN HOUSTON WAS THE ORIGINAL FULL CUSTOM FRAME WE DID BACK IN 98. THE RADICAL ONE WAS STILL BEING WORKED ON AND WE HAD ALREADY PRE-REG SO WE JUST DECIDED TO THROW PEOPLE FOR A LOOP AND SHOW UP WITH THE OLD FRAME. THAT FRAME HAD BEEN PUT UP FOR FIVE YEARS AND STILL CAME OUT AND TOOK 2ND OVERALL......AND NOT TOO FAR BEHIND PROPHECY.

ONCE THE RADICAL WAS DONE WE TOOK IT TO SAN ANTONIO AND QUALIFIED IT THERE. SORRY ABOUT THE CONFUSION. ALSO, IN THE MAGAZINE THE NAME IS UNDER SOMEONE ELSE'S. WE WERE JUST HAVING FUN.

AS FOR VEGAS AS IT HAS BEEN SAID WE WON THE 2003 BIKE OF THE YEAR. IT WAS ROUGH GETTING THINGS GOING, WE HAD BEEN WORKING NON-STOP ON THE BIKE SINCE RIGHT BEFORE SAN ANTONIO. ALL THAT WORK PAID OFF THOUGH.

THE RESULTS WENT LIKE THIS.......

WOLVERINE--2003 BIKE OF THE YEAR
------BEST ENGRAVING--BEST BODY MODS--BEST PAINT--BEST MURAL

PROPHECY--2ND PLACE
-----BEST USE OF ACCES--BEST PLATING--BEST DISPLAY

SUPERMAN--3RD PLACE

DRAGON BIKE--2003 TRIKE OF THE YEAR
-----BEST UPHOLSTERY

LIL OUTER LIMITS--2ND PLACE
-----BEST GRAPHICS

?????--3RD PLACE

ALL IN ALL THE SHOW WAS GOOD. NICE COMPETITION.
YO TEX! Congrats MAN!!! Hey listen man I sent you an E-mail when you get a chance take a look at it. Also man thats a big victory you overcame all those contenders! Well hey man next year is a new year you know how it is!! :cool:

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Originally posted by cleverlos+Oct 7 2003, 08:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cleverlos @ Oct 7 2003, 08:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BigTex@Oct 7 2003, 01:36 AM
Congrats homie :thumbsup: was there ever a doubt! you beat Superman & Prophecy that speaks loud on you & your bro behave congrats and i wish you the best next season.

& were the pics at?[/b][/quote]
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT ANY SORE LOSERS. THE OWNER OF THE SUPERMAN BIKE CAME UP TO US AND CONGRATULATED US. HE IS A COOL DUDE. AS FOR PROPHECY, ALL I KNOW IS HE DIDN'T REALLY WANT TO TAKE THE PICTURE THAT IS NORMALLY TAKEN OF THE WINNERS. I HEARD HE WAS PLEADING HIS CASE TO ONE OF THE JUDGES ON WHY HE SHOULD WIN. HE ALSO TALKED TO MY DAD THE DAY BEFORE THE SHOW AND MENTIONED SOMETHING ABOUT ALL THE PEOPLE FROM HOUSTON WERE HATERS. WHATEVER I GUESS. LIKE I SAID, THIS IS WHAT I HEARD.

IT WAS FUNNY THOUGH, HE TRIED TO PULL A QUICK ONE. FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND IS THAT THE FRAME THAT HE TOOK TO VEGAS WAS A DIFFERENT ONE THAN WHAT HE HAD QAULIFIED WITH. SOME PEOPLE TOLD ME THIS AND SAID I SHOULD PROTEST AGAINST IT, BUT I WASN'T TRYING TO WIN LIKE THAT. I JUST WANTED THE BEST BIKE TO WIN AND I FEEL IT DID.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, I WAS JUST WONDERING HOW DO YA FEEL ABOUT KEEPING THE BIKES COVERED UNTIL THE JUDGING? I PERSONALLY THINK IT IS UNECESSARY. I MEAN IT LIKE WHAT IS A COMPETITOR GOING TO DO, GO OUT AND REPAINT IT AND BRING IT BACK??? I JUST DON'T SEE THE POINT IN THIS. YOU ARE AT THE SUPERSHOW AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU OR YOUR COMPETITORS CAN DO.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by BigTex+Oct 7 2003, 11:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigTex @ Oct 7 2003, 11:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2003, 08:42 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--BigTex
@Oct 7 2003, 01:36 AM

& were the pics at?
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT ANY SORE LOSERS. THE OWNER OF THE SUPERMAN BIKE CAME UP TO US AND CONGRATULATED US. HE IS A COOL DUDE. AS FOR PROPHECY, ALL I KNOW IS HE DIDN'T REALLY WANT TO TAKE THE PICTURE THAT IS NORMALLY TAKEN OF THE WINNERS. I HEARD HE WAS PLEADING HIS CASE TO ONE OF THE JUDGES ON WHY HE SHOULD WIN. HE ALSO TALKED TO MY DAD THE DAY BEFORE THE SHOW AND MENTIONED SOMETHING ABOUT ALL THE PEOPLE FROM HOUSTON WERE HATERS. WHATEVER I GUESS. LIKE I SAID, THIS IS WHAT I HEARD.

IT WAS FUNNY THOUGH, HE TRIED TO PULL A QUICK ONE. FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND IS THAT THE FRAME THAT HE TOOK TO VEGAS WAS A DIFFERENT ONE THAN WHAT HE HAD QAULIFIED WITH. SOME PEOPLE TOLD ME THIS AND SAID I SHOULD PROTEST AGAINST IT, BUT I WASN'T TRYING TO WIN LIKE THAT. I JUST WANTED THE BEST BIKE TO WIN AND I FEEL IT DID.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, I WAS JUST WONDERING HOW DO YA FEEL ABOUT KEEPING THE BIKES COVERED UNTIL THE JUDGING? I PERSONALLY THINK IT IS UNECESSARY. I MEAN IT LIKE WHAT IS A COMPETITOR GOING TO DO, GO OUT AND REPAINT IT AND BRING IT BACK??? I JUST DON'T SEE THE POINT IN THIS. YOU ARE AT THE SUPERSHOW AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU OR YOUR COMPETITORS CAN DO.[/b][/quote]
Hey TEX!

Man it seems like it was a very good show out there man! As for prophecy I dont see the point in him swaping frames constantly. I mean yeah I plan on doing that next year when I qualify with my original Wicked Dragon 68 frame and then bust out with Wicked Dragon Revenge but he did it a couple of times I can see why its not worth even protesting but hey look at it like this you beat him out and you did it fair! So hey man Congrats!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
THE THING IS YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE THE BIKE THAT QUALIFIED. IT IS NOT FAIR TO THOSE THAT DO PLAY BY THE RULES. I MEAN FOR THAT I COULD HAVE JUST CHILLED AND SKIPPED SAN ANTO AND WENT STRAIGHT TO VEGAS WITH W3 SINCE I QUALIFIED BACK IN HOUSTON WITH THE OTHER WOLVERINE FRAME. THE BITCH ABOUT IT IS THAT IT IS HARD TO PROVE IT IS A DIFFERENT FRAME. THE ONLY REASON I GOT WIND OF IT WAS BECAUSE THE OWNER OF PROPHECY TOLD SOME PEOPLE ABOUT IT. THE JUDGES EVEN KNEW, BUT LIKE THEY SAID IF YOU CAN'T PROVE IT THERE ISN'T MUCH THAT CAN BE DONE.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts