LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
The float bowls are side hung, and it has an anti spillover tube. This seems to be the same carb as the offroad carburetor, with a shiny finish.
Compare the prices of the two carbs before buying. Don't pay through the nose for a shiny finish that you can get for less money in your hometown.

YL.

·
LAYEDBACK
10,100 Posts
Will running a edelbrock with a "Off road kit" have the same effect as one of these lowrider carbs?? Without the shiny stuff...LOL

·
Registered
989 Posts
Originally posted by CHIPPIN 64@Sep 15 2005, 10:17 AM~3820397
Will running a edelbrock with a "Off road kit" have the same effect as one of these lowrider carbs??  Without the shiny stuff...LOL
In the latest Lowrider magazine (October issue) Edelbrock has an ad on page 9 titled "Lowridin' Thunder".

further reading reveals that it's just their Thunder AVS carbs, but then towards the bottom they say

"Edelbrock also offers an off-road version with spring loaded needle and seat that prevents stalling on uneven terrain, an excellent choice for lowriders with hydraulics"

So unless I'm missing something (which is often the case mind you) it's just an off road kit on a regular ass carb.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
has any one gone gas hoping with out your car cutting out?i tought about getting one..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by dannysnty@Sep 15 2005, 05:56 PM~3823664
has any one gone gas hoping with  out your car cutting out?i tought about getting one..
thats what i need to know,my elidebr.....does just fine for reg clownen but when it comes to gas hopping it has shut down on me and its a little emberssing to grab everyones attention and then stall your ride

·
Registered
989 Posts
Originally posted by dannysnty@Sep 15 2005, 05:56 PM~3823664
has any one gone gas hoping with  out your car cutting out?i tought about getting one..
I don't remember stalling out when gas hopping, I've had it cough on me, but not stall though. Then again I'm not doing any big inches so I guess that has something to do with it.

I'm running an Edelbrock carb

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Originally posted by dannysnty@Sep 15 2005, 04:56 PM~3823664
I HAVE A EDLEBROCK PERFORMER 650 AND I GAS HOPED LIKE A CHAMP NEVER DIED ON ME.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i didnt say it stalled every time ive got a lotta pride in my ride and once is to much

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
i proably get one to see if it really works that sux when youre hopping and your car dies out in front of people and wont start.

·
Registered
625 Posts
TPI BABY!!!

got it fired up last night. had to order a special upper radiator to fit the 75 radiator and the 85 water neck. will be in today. maybe have it running good by the evening.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
the holley lowrider carb is the exact same carb as the off road carb same sh!t different name

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
i dunno juset check ur local 4x4 and lowrider shops and compare

1 - 20 of 21 Posts