LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started to try my hand at building some models. Heres one I did yesterday. I know I have a long way to go but Im learning. I didn't even get my fingers stuck this time. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THis model is one of the lowrider ones they sell at wal-mart. On the box it is black with some tribal designs. I used the HOK lime gold they also sell to paint it. For the rocker moldings I used some chrome pinstrip(sticker type) that is sold at autozone. The graphics are off some other model.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the compliments. I have a buick regal I want to do next. I want to chop the roof and make it a convertable. I never done this before any ideas or tips before I start?

·
Banned
12,115 Posts
Originally posted by teach@Jul 30 2005, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the compliments.  I have a buick regal I want to do next. I want to chop the roof and make it a convertable. I never done this before any ideas or tips before I start?
[snapback]3511494[/snapback]​
do it carefully. also it's better to cut off less than you want to so you can trim it easier

·
Banned
9,973 Posts
Originally posted by teach@Jul 30 2005, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the compliments.  I have a buick regal I want to do next. I want to chop the roof and make it a convertable. I never done this before any ideas or tips before I start?
[snapback]3511494[/snapback]​
I was making a half top on mine then it broke :(

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by 1lowimpala@Jul 30 2005, 04:19 PM
I was making a half top on mine then it broke  :(
[snapback]3511525[/snapback]​

What were you using to cut the roof. I was thinking of starting off with a razor knife then use a dremel to grind the excees. I dont know if this would work.

·
Banned
9,973 Posts
Originally posted by teach@Jul 30 2005, 04:24 PM
What were you using to cut the roof.  I was thinking of starting off with a razor knife then use a dremel to grind the excees. I dont know if this would work.
[snapback]3511550[/snapback]​
I used a hack saw, it was wet with paint too, so that made it flexiable

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks. I seen your cars. Im going to have to get some tips of you. Your a pro. Good work.

·
Registered
16,787 Posts
Originally posted by teach@Jul 30 2005, 07:58 PM
Thanks.  I seen your cars. Im going to have to get some tips of you. Your a pro. Good work.
[snapback]3512163[/snapback]​
THANKS DOG ANYTIME!! :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts