LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
OG ROLLERZ
16,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:0 :biggrin:
Change is irrefutable. That is, what was yesterday’s Lowrider Movement or “Onda” is today’s politically correct “Lowrider Sport.” Fortunately, unlike other automotive sports, lowriding does have cultural roots. Before lowriding became an international phenomenon, and certainly before Lowrider Magazine, it was a subculture within barrios and communities across the United States. Today, the art of lowriding has reached an unprecedented level, unfortunately with some media-based negativity.

Lowrider Magazine understands the importance to educate the new enthusiast of lowriding’s cultural and political roots. More importantly, to recognize those individuals who paved the way with blood, sweat and tears in the decades of the Lowrider Movement, and into today’s most recognized motorsport in the world. Respectfully, Lowrider Magazine is proud to introduce the Lowrider Hall of Fame in recognizing such individuals and their untold stories.

The Lowrider Hall of Fame (LHoF) will recognize these individuals on an annual basis. The inductee is chosen according to individual achievement and/or positive role in the lifestyle, sport and culture throughout lowrider history. Fortunately, today there are many great leaders in our sport. However, the LHoF will acknowledge those leaders with a minimum of 20 years involved, in some aspect, in this history.

The LHoF Nomination Committee, consisting of Lowrider Events judges and past honorees, will submit all nominations to the LHoF Executive Committee. These nominations are reviewed and final inductees confirmed by the Executive Committee. This reputable and experienced committee consists of Ralph Fuentes, Richard Ochoa, Sr., and Eddie "Texas Ed" Zamarron, Jr. In its inaugural year, the LHoF category honors are as follows:

Leadership Honor

A car club founder/leader who has directly affected the course, actions, contributions and positive influence of a recognized and organized group and/or car club.

Craftsmanship Honor

Designer, builder or artist in creating original and outstanding vehicles. Also, exhibiting these vehicles for a consistent period of time.

Lifetime Contributor Honor

A community leader and/or activist dedicating time, resources and heart in contributing and/or investing directly back into the lowrider community. This category may include car show promoters, who produce lowrider events that promote, educate and entertain the lowrider community.

Lowrider Magazine will notify the 2005 honorees prior to publicizing their accolade. The honorees’ accomplishments and history will be presented in this publication. We hope that you will be present to share in recognizing these selfless and proud leaders at the official Lowrider Hall of Fame ceremony, held on October 9 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Glad to hear it! This is long overdue. There are alot of worthy people of such an award. Maybe now people will undertand that lowriding is not a negative thing. Building lowriders takes a lot of heart and dedication just like any other sport. What makes lowriders special is its something that any one can appreciate. Hopefully with this type of recognition lowriding will become more accepted and mainstream. I can't wait to see who this years recipients will be.

·
Registered
280 Posts
This was long over due for the founders and major contributors for the movement. I hope we can all go out and support all these honorees on there night.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
homie, texas ed..one coool mofo rite there..... :cool:

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by WildChild@Aug 29 2006, 12:52 PM~6065597
This was long over due for the founders and major contributors for the movement. I hope we can all go out and support all these honorees on there night.
Saul, I appreciate the invite, but I gotta stay behind and do some work on my car. If you read this before you have a chance to call again, have fun.

·
Registered
24,209 Posts

A community leader and/or activist dedicating time, resources and heart in contributing and/or investing directly back into the lowrider community. This category may include car show promoters, who produce lowrider events that promote, educate and entertain the lowrider community.

I nominate Jason Browning

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by SIXONEFORLIFE@Aug 31 2006, 07:59 AM~6078142
I nominate Jason Browning
;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts