LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 362 Posts

·
Fleetline King
1,158 Posts
LOCO 64 WAS THE BEST LOWRIDER OF THE YEAR. WHY? BECAUSE IT WAS STILL PRETTY MUCH A NORMAL CAR. I'D PREFER IT WITH NO TILT FRONT END, BUT THAT WAS CUTTING EDGE DURING IT'S TIME. CARS NOW ARE ALL CHOPPED UP AND LOOK RIDICULOUS. OVERBOARD PAINT JOBS AND OTHER THINGS. LIKE WHAT IS THE POINT TO LIFTING THE BODY OFF THE FRAME? NOTHING.
CARS SHOULD STAY CLOSE TO TRADITIONAL AS POSSIBLE, AND THIS 64 WAS THE LAST OF ITS BREED.
EVERYTHING WAS CLEAN ON THE CAR,IT WASN'T VERY LOUD AND DIDN'T HAVE CORNFLAKES FOR FLAKE. VERY DETAILED AND CLEAN.

TOO BAD CARS NOW ARE LIKE TRANSFORMERS. NOT VERY APPEALING TO THE EYE. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AND MINE ONLY.

·
Fleetline King
1,158 Posts
IT COMES TO A POINT, WHERE CARS AREN'T EVEN CARS ANYMORE. TO THE AVE GUY, THESE CRAZY MODS DON'T DON'T IMPRESS.I'D RATHER SEE A FULLY DONE CAR ON THE STREET ONCE IN A WHILE, THAN CHOPPED TO HELL.

THERE IS NO POINT,NO REASON TO DO THAT TO A CAR. LRM SHOULD NEVER HAD RECOGNIZED THIS AND WOULD PROBABLY LEFT THE CARS ALONE.

I SEE STEALING IDEAS FROM SPORTSCARS WITH LAMBO DOORS,GULLWING DOORS, REVERSE HOOD AND TRUNK. LEAVE IT AT THAT.

·
Fleetline King
1,158 Posts
I'M WAITING FOR THE ONE GUY TO CUT HIS CAR IN HALF DOWN THE MIDDLE OR INTO 4'S, AND STEP BACK AND SAY, NOW WHAT. THEN CARS ARE GOING TO START COMING IN WITH NO BODIES ON THEM.

PEOPLE WHO LIKE THIS SHOULD GET BACK TO THE 50'S AND 60'S WHERE THEY DID MODS WITH DIFF CAR PARTS AND MOLDED THEM IN. THAT WAS CUTTING EDGE. KEEP AT THAT, AT LEAST IT IS STILL A CAR.

·
On prestamped D's
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by OLDTIME47@Feb 28 2008, 02:02 AM~10044887
I'M WAITING FOR THE ONE GUY TO CUT HIS CAR IN HALF DOWN THE MIDDLE OR INTO 4'S, AND STEP BACK AND SAY, NOW WHAT. THEN CARS ARE GOING TO START COMING IN WITH NO BODIES ON THEM.

PEOPLE WHO LIKE THIS SHOULD GET BACK TO THE 50'S AND 60'S WHERE THEY DID MODS WITH DIFF CAR PARTS AND MOLDED THEM IN. THAT WAS CUTTING EDGE. KEEP AT THAT, AT LEAST IT IS STILL A CAR.
didnt some cardancer do that in the ninetys with some mazda truck or whatever? I kinda agree with you, the cars that is still driven on the streets is the most worthy winners imo.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Originally posted by Silentdawg@Feb 27 2008, 05:45 PM~10044732

evil 63 '01
Oh, hell yeah!!! Seen this ride in person, fuckin detailed to the max. Did you guys know it was actually green before. :biggrin:

·
On prestamped D's
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
they should do a Best of the Best trophy. Imagine Evil 63 against Loco 64 :)
In the long run, the traditionals will be remembered over the radicals anyway.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Originally posted by Silentdawg@Feb 27 2008, 06:06 PM~10044924
didnt some cardancer do that in the ninetys with some mazda truck or whatever? I kinda agree with you, the cars that is still driven on the streets is the most worthy winners imo.
George would cruise the streets and also drive Loco 64 into and out of the shows and one time hopped and rev'd the ride leaving the super show. True rider in my book. Who else have you seen drive their full show car into a show?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Originally posted by Silentdawg@Feb 27 2008, 06:12 PM~10044959
they should do a Best of the Best trophy. Imagine Evil 63 against Loco 64  :)
In the long run, the traditionals will be remembered over the radicals anyway.
FUCK YEAH, it would be the title for Nor Cal. :biggrin:

·
On prestamped D's
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by calilife83@Feb 28 2008, 02:13 AM~10044969
George would cruise the streets and also drive Loco 64 into and out of the shows and one time hopped and rev'd the ride leaving the super show. True rider in my book. Who else have you seen drive their full show car into a show?
Respect to the Lifestyle CC, even cars like the Las Vegas is driven occationally to my knowledge. Now thats a true legend. Did any Lifestyle car ever make Lowrider of the year?

1 - 20 of 362 Posts