LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
u will be fine...just check the knock off when u get gas if you get paranoid...but if were install correct u will be fine..i've made many cross country trips with lowriders

·
KTownSwangin
8,664 Posts
youll be fine,as long as your cars in good shape,last time I took my car on a trip I did 1100 km in a weekend on 13's and juice,just make sure you do all the obvious maintanence on your car before you go

·
Registered
10,938 Posts
I drove my cadi from harbor area to sacramento doing 75 (sometimes 80 :0 ) the whole way on 14s. I checked the wheels twice. Once when I ate and once when I needed gas and they were fine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
If they are put on right they will do jus fine. I once drove 1000 miles from Texas to Georgia, straight through, only stopping for gas. Yes I checked'em a couple times when I stopped for gas. Better safe than sorry. Oh yeah, I made it all the way back too. LOL :biggrin:

·
Registered
499 Posts
I drive 4 hours back and forth from Winston to Wilmington and my k/o's are just fine if you do get paranoid just check them once in a while while you're on the road

·
Registered
525 Posts
I got 14 inch knock offs and when i drive home from college i never check them. You can hear if they are loose, atleast they sounded funny to me one time and I tightened them, but it was only one.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by vgplayer@Jul 29 2005, 06:33 PM
would my rims be alright for a 2 hour trip staying about 70 most of the trip
[snapback]3506811[/snapback]​

you got juice?....we used to put the batteries in a chase truck if we went real far..... :cool:

·
Registered
12,100 Posts
2 hours is nothing....i drove my 76 lac to cedar point (4 hour drive for me) on 14" knock offs, and got over 100mph quite a few times....checked my k.o's when i got there and they were just as tight as when i left...

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
2hours is fine jus check em before you leave...when ever i get ready to make my 12 hour drive from florida to northwest Tennessee i always put fresh anti seeze to be on the safe side i made that trip back an forth twice on 13s an never had any problem

good luck

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
i just drove my lifted roadmaster on 13''s from oregon...made it to sacramento and blew a tire...still had to go to san diego :uh:

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
i go from abilen to dallas/ft worth a lot...on 13's...im fine!!!

i also go to wichita falls....A LOT!!! they're both about a 2-2.5 hour drive!!! im fine...

i've also taken several 7-9 hour road trips on 13's....i've always been fine, just carry a spare though....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts