LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO HOW MANY OF YOU TRULY REMEMBER THE GOOD OLD DAYS...WHO WAS THE FIRST TO GO SIDE TO SIDE...THREE WHEEL...HOW ABOUT WHY DID WE MOVE FROM FRANKLIN TO BROADWAY...WHY WE WENT TO MILLER PARK...WHY WE LEFT TAHOE & CURTIS PARK...WHAT WERE THE FIRST CAR CLUBS...HYDRO SHOPS...PEOPLE WANT TO UNITE AND COME TOGETHER AS A COMMUNITY OF LOW RIDERS IS GREAT...WE NEED SOMEONE TO WRITE A BOOK ON THE HISTORY OF SACRAMENTO LOW RIDING...I HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE JUST BUT I KNOW THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF O.G. LOW RIDERS OUT THEIR THAT HAVE SOME GREAT STORIES ALSO...WHERE YOU ALL AT LETS HEAR FROM YOU ! ! ! !

·
Registered
204 Posts
I can only go back till about 1972, william land park was the place on sunday's, I would cruise franklin, and broadway during the week , around 75 we would hit up miller park, I wasn't cruising tahoe or curtis that much, Some of the clubs I can remember was the Intriuges, Brown Image, then the Stylistics in 76, or 77.

·
DON"T STOP NOW
393 Posts
There's a ton of Lowriding history in Sacramento, Broderick, Woodland, but most of the old timers and veteranos dont get on a computer to share stories..

·
Registered
616 Posts
My dad and uncles started Latin Spirit CC from Woodland in the 70's and we had crusie night in Woodland every Aug. but it got shut down because the man that put it together passed away and the pigs wouldn't let me start it back up but I must say that is what really got all the youngsters motivated to fix a lowlow. now days they dont have that to look forward too! :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
You know Hommies I've lived up here in Sac Town for 2 Year's I have'nt seen any cruising Yet :confused: :dunno: No Disrespect But I'm From San Jose I have seen cruising. I driven threw Miller Park, Old Sac, and Down Franklin. I havent seen anything Hommie's?? May be Im not going to the right spots. I seen some Lowriders when I lived in Citrus Hieghts parked at the Sunrise Mall Parking lot but not alot :dunno: :dunno: A Hommie from Citrus Hieghts Told me the Stories about all the Crusing up Here, But Maybe the Cops aint letting it happen anymore :confused:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ogbrdboy is right there is a ton of lowriding history in sac town, there was a cruise every weekend at William land park lolo's every where then there was the carshow and dances at the washington center, where the mid night players car club band would play. Sac town was deep in the game.

·
DON"T STOP NOW
393 Posts
Originally posted by anthonysj1@Mar 17 2010, 02:50 PM~16919267
You know Hommies I've lived up here in Sac Town for 2 Year's I have'nt seen any cruising Yet  :confused:  :dunno: No Disrespect But I'm From San Jose I have seen cruising. I driven threw Miller Park, Old Sac, and Down Franklin. I havent seen anything Hommie's?? May be Im not going to the right spots. I seen some Lowriders when I lived in Citrus Hieghts parked at the Sunrise Mall Parking lot but not alot    :dunno:  :dunno: A Hommie from Citrus Hieghts Told me the Stories about all the Crusing up Here, But Maybe the Cops aint letting it happen anymore  :confused:
Sup Homie, welcome to Sacra, I hat to say it but I agree.. unless something is organized here or an event is advertised theres not much crusising going on. I think that goes back to Police harrassment. Either way if your papers in order I'd like to tell the homies to bust out any given Sunday.. early to late afternoon..Usually I just call a few homies from the club and ride whenever..

On another note, the homie Gato and me have been kicking around the idea of having an underground cruise with a map and some times around town where everyone will be cruising to..a parade of lows cruising through neighborhoods on the way to the next meeting spot. still in the planning stages but needs to be kept underground for the riders to know and the 5-0 to guess about ... more info to come hopefully we can get something cracking up here for the weekends..

Send me a PM homie, your welcome to ride with us around town.. No haters in my crew.

·
DON"T STOP NOW
393 Posts
Originally posted by rickschaf@Mar 17 2010, 04:51 PM~16920264
Ogbrkboy is right there is a ton of lowriding history in sac town, there was  a cruise every weekend at William land park lolo's every where then there was the carshow and dances at the washington center, where the mid night players car club band would play.  Sac town was deep in the game.

Used to be a lot more live on the streets. I won't never talk down on my area, but we could do more to hit these streets..let's see what we can get going with this underground street level cruise we're talkin about.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Originally posted by ogbrkboy@Mar 19 2010, 09:13 AM~16936475
Sup Homie, welcome to Sacra, I hat to say it but I agree.. unless something is organized here or an event is advertised theres not much crusising going on.  I think that goes back to Police harrassment.  Either way if your papers in order I'd like to tell the homies to bust out any given Sunday.. early to late afternoon..Usually I just call a few homies from the club and ride whenever..

On another note, the homie Gato and me have been kicking around the idea of having an underground cruise with a map and some times around town where everyone will be cruising to..a parade of lows cruising through neighborhoods on the way to the next meeting spot. still in the planning stages but needs to be kept underground for the riders to know and the 5-0 to guess about ... more info to come hopefully we can get something cracking up here for the weekends..

Send me a PM homie, your welcome to ride with us around town.. No haters in my crew.
Thank You Hommie :biggrin: Cool Anything to Help the Hommies out Here to bring it back alive. Yea I here you Hommie the Police & Sheriff's out here can really Mess with you. The Gang Task Force in Citrus Hieght Pulled me over twice a month wanted to take pics of my Tattoo's They said they were Gang Related :mad: They kept on pulling me over for the Taillight being out. Dam Hommie I dont Really know anyone up here to be Gang Related :roflmao: :roflmao: But its all good something we have to live with Being MEXICAN with Tattoo's & driving a nice Car :biggrin: I will Hit you up

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah homie sactown has allway's been like that, especially out in south sac , the sheriffs were the worst, they would find a reason to pull you over.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Originally posted by ogbrkboy@Mar 19 2010, 08:13 AM~16936475
Sup Homie, welcome to Sacra, I hat to say it but I agree.. unless something is organized here or an event is advertised theres not much crusising going on.  I think that goes back to Police harrassment.  Either way if your papers in order I'd like to tell the homies to bust out any given Sunday.. early to late afternoon..Usually I just call a few homies from the club and ride whenever..

that map idea sounds cool if you can get them out to enough people. and its not just your town... i dont think there's any city where cruising is going on like it used to be back in the day, wish it was.... :(

·
DON"T STOP NOW
393 Posts
Originally posted by Cadillac Heaven@Mar 20 2010, 06:58 PM~16948289
that map idea sounds cool if you can get them out to enough people. and its not just your town... i dont think there's any city where cruising is going on like it used to be back in the day, wish it was.... :(
Working on this.. talked to the homeboy over the weekend.. if we can keep this underground and amongst the riders we can do something real cool for the spring and summer

·
LFDY Graffix
5,135 Posts
Originally posted by ogbrkboy@Mar 22 2010, 09:47 AM~16961194
Working on this.. talked to the homeboy over the weekend.. if we can keep this underground and amongst the riders we can do something real cool for the spring and summer
definately sounds cool!

I can tell you the cruises that are advertised on here get shut down too fast cause everybody in their mother know about it. I'd tell the homies in AZ all the time to not broadcast it on the internet. All the spots that were nice got shut down due to too many uncool kids coming out and just doing stupid shit.

I hope this plan you and your homeboy got works out!

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by sireluzion916@Mar 20 2010, 11:59 AM~16945028
Who remembers the waterfront by old Sac before the hotel was built???? :biggrin:
THAT USED TO BE THE SHIT. I REMEMBER THE DAYS BACK IN 1976 WHEN EVERYONE WOULD GO TO CAPITAL PARK, AND THEN MOST EVERYONE WOULD HIT UP FRANKLIN, OR BROADWAY BIG TIME. BUT WILLIAM LAND WAS BIG FROM THE 80-96 AND THEN THE COPS REALLY SHUT IT DOWN. DETOURING FOOLS ALL THE WAY AROUND TO THE HIGHWAY. IT WAS FUCKED UP. I STAYED IN STOCKTON MOSTLY AND HUNG OUT ON CHARTER WAY BACK IN 73-74.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Originally posted by anthonysj1@Mar 19 2010, 01:32 PM~16938413
Thank You Hommie  :biggrin: Cool Anything to Help the Hommies out Here to bring it back alive. Yea I here you Hommie the Police & Sheriff's out here can really Mess with you. The Gang Task Force in Citrus Hieght Pulled me over twice a month wanted to take pics of my Tattoo's They said they were Gang Related  :mad:  They kept on pulling me over for the Taillight being out. Dam Hommie I dont Really know anyone up here to be Gang Related    :roflmao:  :roflmao: But its all good something we have to live with Being MEXICAN with Tattoo's & driving a nice Car :biggrin: I will Hit you up

:roflmao: Ha Ha, Mans keeping Ant down!!!!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Originally posted by x7666@Mar 23 2010, 09:49 AM~16972911
:roflmao:  Ha Ha, Mans keeping Ant down!!!!
:wow: Whats up LECHE When you comming up to Sac Town Hommie :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts