LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Ive been hearing the same thing but from LIL. The general opinion seems to be lowriding is declining but people are getting that idea because alot of shops seem to be closing down. But on the other hand alot of people seem to be building there cars themselves so that could explain the shops. Just what i've read...

·
Homie Styln
7,746 Posts
;) To mean it seems to be making a come back.. Now part of the issue is that everyone want to build some kind of show car. Well that's not what rid'n is about.. All you need is a clean car, stock paint job and some wheels. Even if your cars a little dinged up, just keep it clean and com'on keep you windows clean. Just cause your car is not show car quality keep it clean and roll it with pride in your ride...
As for the shops it don't take no shop to lower your and put wheels on it. Also if your limited on funds and have to make a choice get the body work done, shit gett a maco paint job and roll on some nice hubs caps. I see cars with wheels worth more then the car. Get your car fixed and painted before you put some hi-dollar wheels on it. Guess what if you put $1000 wheel on junker, it's still a junker. Just my thoughts... ;)

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
home boy lowriding is like bebe's kids.....we don't die we multiply!!!!!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Originally posted by Homie Styln@Aug 2 2005, 09:59 PM
;) To mean it seems to be making a come back.. Now part of the issue is that everyone want to build some kind of show car. Well that's not what rid'n is about.. All you need is a clean car, stock paint job and some wheels. Even if your cars a little dinged up, just keep it clean and com'on keep you windows clean. Just cause your car is not show car quality keep it clean and roll it with pride in your ride...
As for the shops it don't take no shop to lower your and put wheels on it. Also if your limited on funds and have to make a choice get the body work done, shit gett a maco paint job and roll on some nice hubs caps. I see cars with wheels worth more then the car. Get your car fixed and painted before you put some hi-dollar wheels on it. Guess what if you put $1000 wheel on junker, it's still a junker. Just my thoughts... ;)
[snapback]3531689[/snapback]​
I AGREE WIT YA MUST ALWAYS HAVE PRIDE IN UR RIDE WETHER ITS A SHOW RIDE OR DAILY

·
Registered
14,363 Posts
Originally posted by trudawg@Aug 2 2005, 11:31 PM
It's probally the economy! Since the republicans have taken over, disposable income isn't like it used to be for a lot of riders....including myself :(
[snapback]3531512[/snapback]​
mexicans just plain broke.

it not in style like it was....20's have taken over :0

older generation still holding it up....

·
Registered
366 Posts
In Colorado it has almost died it sux the only time you see anykind of rydes is at a show no cruising or anything anymore.......and shit like 6 years ago they were all over the place in Co. it sux now that thier gone

·
Registered
19,958 Posts
So its not just up here in the northwest man its fucking depressing every year its get less and less riders out what make me confused is i hear alot fo im building this im building that blah blah blah fuck stillshwo your fucking face on the streets and at the shows what you dont have a car done so you can't come around what kinda bullshit is that

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
FUCKING RICERS........

·
Registered
19,958 Posts
Originally posted by 206ness@Aug 3 2005, 01:44 AM
FUCKING RICERS........
[snapback]3532424[/snapback]​
I second that all these mother fuckers building fucking tin cans with loud ass exhaust fuck that shit i bet you more people get hurt in them fucking shitboxs than they do in lowriders but for year we all been gettig the finger shook at us :angry:

·
Banned
8,474 Posts
fuck ricers! i'm a lowrider for life my car aint all hooked up but its my baby little by little she'll get hooked up and i keep her clean.

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
reason its on a decline is compliments of the LAPD and other law enforcement agencies that ticket us everytime we take our cars out and treat us like criminals and shit as we get older we cant take chances like losing your license or having your insurance go up or alot of tickets its all bull shit cuz if a hot rod is next to a lowrider guess who gets pulled over

·
DON"T STOP NOW
393 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Impala@Aug 3 2005, 01:42 AM
reason its on a decline is compliments of the LAPD and other law enforcement agencies that ticket us everytime we take our cars out and treat us like criminals and shit as we get older we cant take chances like losing your license or having your insurance go up or alot of tickets its all bull shit cuz if a  hot rod is next to a lowrider guess who gets pulled over
[snapback]3532539[/snapback]​
true. We gotta go out on the streets legit and prepared for the hassles. If you aint down go to church.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Originally posted by ogbrkboy@Aug 3 2005, 08:46 AM
DYING?  Lowridings been around since the pachuko days! We aint going nowhere repeat NOWHERE!
[snapback]3533474[/snapback]​

yeah but isnt like the mid 80s to late later 90s. a lot has to do with not being able to roll your car and also other trends taking the younger generations. raised trucks, ricers and suvs contribute to less lowriders. some its a trend they get in and out of. they see a video and want a lowrider, then they fall out into something else.

·
"Tears Of A Clown"
16,272 Posts
The true riders will allways be around. Lowriding is a lifestyle a culture, it will never go away.

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Impala@Aug 3 2005, 04:42 AM
reason its on a decline is compliments of the LAPD and other law enforcement agencies that ticket us everytime we take our cars out and treat us like criminals
[snapback]3532539[/snapback]​

Why were all the laws put in place and why are lowrider type vehicles within the sights of the LAPD? Was it the crazy street action that took place.....people standing up cars on the street? Nose up battles blocking traffic?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts