LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
16,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides some of the obvious things What are some the secret tricks of the trade for scoring points at the LRM shows.
Someone told me that having a chrome gas cap, and opening your gas tank door scores a couple extra points.????

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
a judge told us once that if you put one side of your car on jack stands it will give you a few more points than your competition. i think it was in mild catagory he was talking about.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just taking the time to put your vehicle on jack stands when the competition does not, will allow you to score a few more points if you have any chrome or paint on the suspension/under carriage.
Open your hood, even if it has no chrome or custom, if it is clean and neat this may give you a point or two over the others who do not bother to open their hood.

·
Premium Member
54,754 Posts
you get points for having your doors open,hood and trunk open,jack stands :cool:

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
Originally posted by OneStopImpalaShop+Sep 26 2007, 08:57 AM~8873286-->
options and accessories

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Big Rich
@Sep 26 2007, 09:01 AM~8873319
you get points for having your doors open,hood and trunk open,jack stands :cool:
YUP, IF YOUR BUILDING A CAR TO SCORE POINTS READ THROUGH THE LRM RULE BOOK IT TELLS YOU WHAT YOU CAN AND CANT DO IN THE CATAGORY YOUR IN. DO THE MOST YOU CAN IN YOUR CATAGORY.

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
I heard stuffing cotton around your ride gets you some big points. Makes it look like your car is riding on a cloud or doing a big burnout. ;)

·
Registered
15,430 Posts
First thing is just getting a ride there most folks out my way can't seem to do that.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I found this on the Dub Carshow

Judging Sheet Break Down
Paint-Overall (Paint Job)Points: 1-30pts.
Body Work & Exterior Mods: Points: 1-30pts.
Engine Mods: Points: 1-20pts.
Suspension: Points: 1-20pts.
Wheels & Tires: Points: 1-20pts.
Interior: Points: 1-20pts.
Car Audio: Points: 1-20pts.
Trunk, Hatch, Cabin, or Bed: Points: 1-20pts.
Display: Points: 1-20pts.

Extra Credit (Display, Pics, Etc.): Points: 1-10pts.
Maximum Points: Points: 230pts.
To Qualify for Best of Show Class Your Vehicle Must Have An Overall Score of 180 – 200pts.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Originally posted by 61 Impala on 3@Sep 26 2007, 02:06 PM~8874903
I heard stuffing cotton around your ride gets you some big points. Makes it look like your car is riding on a cloud or doing a big burnout. ;)
Only if u r runnin 4 LOTY

·
0 Posts
My husband is a WEGO judge so I know what they look for and just this past weekend I played my points right and placed 1st at a show, there were better rides there than mine but because I had a display, doors open, hood and trunk open I placed above the others. Having pin stripes, chrome, stereo system, ingraving, murals man you could have something small that the other car dont have but if you get that extra point you can place over a ride that might have better paint exct......

http://www.wegoweb.org/

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by gtimeseastlos@Sep 26 2007, 01:11 PM~8875193
if the doors are not opened they will not judge interior...
Some will some wont........sometimes I think it depends on who's judging. But having a closed up ride can cost you in points.

·
Registered
28,033 Posts
Originally posted by 713diva@Sep 26 2007, 03:10 PM~8875183
My husband is a WEGO judge so I know what they look for and just this past weekend I played my points right and placed 1st at a show, there were better rides there than mine but because I had a display, doors open, hood and trunk open I placed above the others. Having pin stripes, chrome, stereo system, ingraving, murals man you could have something small that the other car dont have but if you get that extra point you can place over a ride that might have better paint exct......
http://www.wegoweb.org/
if you have all aspects of the point system you should do pretty well sometimes a killer paint and wheels just wont cut it.

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by slo@Sep 26 2007, 01:28 PM~8875300
if you have all aspects of the point system you should do pretty well sometimes a killer paint and wheels just wont cut it.
Yep! I was shocked that I had placed but later found out the other rides were closed up and mine was not, I had a display, poles, chains, and everything was open. But the other cars had cleaner paint than mine. But its not about a trophy for me! I just love showing my ride! :biggrin: But it was good to get my first 1st place trophy! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
34,340 Posts
I could never see myself building a car while looking at a rule book, I build the way I like it to my taste and if I win someday I win if I don't then I don't :cool:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts