LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

LRM car show points

7K views 60 replies 40 participants last post by  low350 
#1 ·
Besides some of the obvious things What are some the secret tricks of the trade for scoring points at the LRM shows.
Someone told me that having a chrome gas cap, and opening your gas tank door scores a couple extra points.????

#3 ·
Just taking the time to put your vehicle on jack stands when the competition does not, will allow you to score a few more points if you have any chrome or paint on the suspension/under carriage.
Open your hood, even if it has no chrome or custom, if it is clean and neat this may give you a point or two over the others who do not bother to open their hood.

#6 ·
Originally posted by OneStopImpalaShop+Sep 26 2007, 08:57 AM~8873286-->
options and accessories

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Big Rich
@Sep 26 2007, 09:01 AM~8873319
you get points for having your doors open,hood and trunk open,jack stands :cool:
YUP, IF YOUR BUILDING A CAR TO SCORE POINTS READ THROUGH THE LRM RULE BOOK IT TELLS YOU WHAT YOU CAN AND CANT DO IN THE CATAGORY YOUR IN. DO THE MOST YOU CAN IN YOUR CATAGORY.

#9 ·
First thing is just getting a ride there most folks out my way can't seem to do that.

#10 ·
I found this on the Dub Carshow

Judging Sheet Break Down
Paint-Overall (Paint Job)Points: 1-30pts.
Body Work & Exterior Mods: Points: 1-30pts.
Engine Mods: Points: 1-20pts.
Suspension: Points: 1-20pts.
Wheels & Tires: Points: 1-20pts.
Interior: Points: 1-20pts.
Car Audio: Points: 1-20pts.
Trunk, Hatch, Cabin, or Bed: Points: 1-20pts.
Display: Points: 1-20pts.

Extra Credit (Display, Pics, Etc.): Points: 1-10pts.
Maximum Points: Points: 230pts.
To Qualify for Best of Show Class Your Vehicle Must Have An Overall Score of 180 – 200pts.

G
#13 ·
My husband is a WEGO judge so I know what they look for and just this past weekend I played my points right and placed 1st at a show, there were better rides there than mine but because I had a display, doors open, hood and trunk open I placed above the others. Having pin stripes, chrome, stereo system, ingraving, murals man you could have something small that the other car dont have but if you get that extra point you can place over a ride that might have better paint exct......

http://www.wegoweb.org/

#17 ·
Originally posted by 713diva@Sep 26 2007, 03:10 PM~8875183
My husband is a WEGO judge so I know what they look for and just this past weekend I played my points right and placed 1st at a show, there were better rides there than mine but because I had a display, doors open, hood and trunk open I placed above the others. Having pin stripes, chrome, stereo system, ingraving, murals man you could have something small that the other car dont have but if you get that extra point you can place over a ride that might have better paint exct......
http://www.wegoweb.org/
if you have all aspects of the point system you should do pretty well sometimes a killer paint and wheels just wont cut it.

G
#18 ·
Originally posted by slo@Sep 26 2007, 01:28 PM~8875300
if you have all aspects of the point system you should do pretty well sometimes a killer paint and wheels just wont cut it.
Yep! I was shocked that I had placed but later found out the other rides were closed up and mine was not, I had a display, poles, chains, and everything was open. But the other cars had cleaner paint than mine. But its not about a trophy for me! I just love showing my ride! :biggrin: But it was good to get my first 1st place trophy! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

#21 ·
Originally posted by Sixty34me@Sep 26 2007, 03:10 PM~8875619
a friend of mine used to get extra points on his sweapstakes winner for having his key in the ignition.
LOL....would have to make sure its the WRONG key, or your shit might be loaded up for you already when you get back from the trophy presentation :biggrin:

#23 ·
Originally posted by TRUDAWG@Sep 26 2007, 03:23 PM~8875709
LOL....would have to make sure its the WRONG key, or your shit might be loaded up for you already when you get back from the trophy presentation :biggrin:
RIGHT! He said it shows that you are confident that your car will start right up and thats why he got the extra points.

#24 ·
Originally posted by Regal King@Sep 26 2007, 05:19 PM~8875683
I could never see myself building a car while looking at a rule book, I build the way I like it to my taste and if I win someday I win if I don't then I don't :cool:

x2

cars beating cars that are obviously better because they have a nice display or their doors are open is b.s.

#25 ·
Letting it all hang out is the key to getting every point you can! You can go to the local car wash and CLEAN your engine & underbody. Rattle can your underbody satin black. (how many times have you seen a car at a show sitting on three wheels and the underbody is DIRTY AS FUCK!) Spray a little armor-all in the engine compartment and have the hood just slightly open. Open that trunk and clean it out! make sure your door jams are clean and you dont have over spray on your door rubbers. Keep all your windows up and clean. (you do get window points to) AND A DISPLAY IS A MUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I always look for when judging a car or truck. To me detail is the key to winning. Ive seen cars with everything chrome you can take off BUT, the underbody and engine compartment was painted half-ass.

Just because you have a nice car dont mean you can just park it at a show all closed-up and expect to win. Its the guy that goes that extra mile and lets it all hang out (Good & Bad) that has the better chance of placing at a show. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.