LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
OG ROLLERZ
16,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this had been buggin me and Ive talked to a couple of people competing for "CAR OF THE YEAR" also and they agreed. I do not expect everyone to agree with me tho. Just an idea.

Since LRM is basing the "Car of the Year" in Point System (Supposedly). Why cant they split the competition into 2.

Keep Radicals and Extra Ordinary Traditionals separate. So of course they will have 2 "CAR OF THE YEAR AWARDS"

Let Orgullo, Malo, Game Over...etc. compete against each other.

And on the other side will be CG,99 Problems, Liquid Assets, HUstler 63, VMAX's green 63 and other clean ass rides compete with each other.

What yall think?

I mean CG and these other cars i mentioned do not have major mods like suicide doors and tilt front end and stuff....BUT HELL YAH, THESE RIDES ARE CLEAN ASS FUCK... NO DOUBT THESE CARS SHOULD BE "CAR OF THE YEAR".

BUT SHOULD THEY REALLY COMPETE WITH THE RADICALS?

·
INGLOURIOUS BASTERD
14,741 Posts
Originally posted by THUGG PASSION@Aug 16 2006, 09:38 PM~5983499
Ok this had been buggin me and Ive talked to a couple of people competing for "CAR OF THE YEAR" also and they agreed. I do not expect everyone to agree with me tho. Just an idea.

Since LRM is basing the "Car of the Year" in Point System (Supposedly). Why cant they split the competition into 2.

Keep Radicals and Extra Ordinary Traditionals separate. So of course they will have 2 "CAR OF THE YEAR AWARDS"

Let Orgullo, Malo, Game Over...etc. compete against each other.

And on the other side will be CG,99 Problems, Liquid Assets, HUstler 63, VMAX's green 63 and other clean ass rides compete with each other.

What yall think? 

I mean CG and these other cars i mentioned do not have major mods like suicide doors and tilt front end and stuff....BUT HELL YAH, THESE RIDES ARE CLEAN ASS FUCK... NO DOUBT THESE CARS SHOULD BE "CAR OF THE YEAR".

BUT SHOULD THEY REALLY COMPETE WITH THE RADICALS?
I AGREE. I THINK THE TRADITIONALS SHOULD BE CALLED "LOWRIDER OF THE YEAR" AND THE RADICALS BE CALLED "RADICAL OF THE YEAR" I THINK THE TRADITIONALS SHOULD GET THE COVETED TITLE.

·
Zip it cunt!
27,116 Posts
cg beat orgullo earlier this year, but i see your point

it would be hard i think, so who would be the true loty, the radical, the traditional, or the mostly traditional thats cut with kandy paint?

·
Candies, flakes & pearls!
15,502 Posts
I'm so tired of the politics, It's hard to even respond to stuff like this anymore.

I think the system is good enough the way it is. Theirs so many catagories, it's stupid. Lowriding is adverse enough. Why is it so important to get a trophy anyway? I'd just be happy to enter the show.

If anything, theire sould be a way to seperate the street driven Lowriders from the trailered ones when It comes to competing. But thats just me.

THUGG PASSION, I've seen you around...you're represent Lowriding on the STREETS hard with you're car. Why do you even care?

I don't know. I just seen so much crap at shows throughout the years I'm tired of it all and want to go back to the basics.

·
OG ROLLERZ
16,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by hot$tuff5964@Aug 16 2006, 08:45 PM~5983553
cg beat orgullo earlier this year, but i see your point
it would be hard i think, so who would be the true loty, the radical, the traditional, or the mostly traditional thats cut with kandy paint?
I WASN'T JUST TALKIN ABOUT THAT TIME THO, THERE WERE NUMEROUS TIMES WHEN 2 CARS COMPETE Example...IN SD "A" CAR BEATS "B" CAR, 2 MONTHS LATER IN INDY OR HOUSTON, "B" CAR BEATS "A" CAR...BUT BOTH DID NOT CHANGE ANYTHING IN THE CAR.

....2 winners i suppose....both CAR OF THE YEAR but of different qualifications.

·
OG ROLLERZ
16,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Crenshaw's Finest@Aug 16 2006, 08:59 PM~5983615
I'm so tired of the politics, It's hard to even respond to stuff like this anymore.

I think the system is good enough the way it is. Theirs so many catagories, it's stupid. Lowriding is adverse enough. Why is it so important to get a trophy anyway? I'd just be happy to enter the show.

If anything, theire sould be a way to seperate the street driven Lowriders from the trailered ones when It comes to competing. But thats just me.

THUGG PASSION, I've seen you around...you're represent Lowriding on the STREETS hard with you're car. Why do you even care?

I don't know. I just seen so much crap at shows throughout the years I'm tired of it all and want to go back to the basics.
I was hoping LRM would see this and maybe take it into consideration. Not that I care too much for trophies and awards bro....trophies are another weapon of destruction in my household. Baby Mama used them against me a couple of times...if yah know what I mean (Flying Trophies)...so i can careless about them. It's just an idea, I was talking to one of our members who's competing this year and this came up....It's really obvious right now who's gonna take the "CAR OF THE YEAR"....it really is but I think it's really cool to give the other big boys a chance to win the title......ADD ANOTHER CATEGORY.

·
OG ROLLERZ
16,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Crenshaw's Finest@Aug 16 2006, 08:59 PM~5983615

THAT IS SO TRUE!!!

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
Originally posted by THUGG PASSION@Aug 16 2006, 10:19 PM~5983735
I was hoping LRM would see this and maybe take it into consideration. Not that I care too much for trophies and awards bro....trophies are another weapon of destruction in my household. Baby Mama used them against me a couple of times...if yah know what I mean (Flying Trophies)...so i can careless about them. It's just an idea, I was talking to one of our members who's competing this year and this came up....It's really obvious right now who's gonna take the "CAR OF THE YEAR"....it really is but I think it's really cool to give the other big boys a chance to win the title......ADD ANOTHER CATEGORY.
if you cant win invent another category to win :dunno: thats what it looks like

·
15,502 Posts
If I could win first place 60's street at a local show, I'd be in heaven. Thats enough for me. I don't want to sway from you're original questions and topic but I've been doing this a long time and have my own issues.

They also need to change the rules for club of the year. How can a local or non-chapter club compete with big clubs like UCE,RO,Majesctics etc.

·
Zip it cunt!
27,116 Posts
Originally posted by Crenshaw's Finest@Aug 16 2006, 11:32 PM~5983817
If I could win first place 60's street at a local show, I'd be in heaven. Thats enough for me. I don't want to sway from you're original questions and topic but I've been doing this a long time and have my own issues.

They also need to change the rules for club of the year. How can a local or non-chapter club compete with big clubs like UCE,RO,Majesctics etc.

how about 2 club of the year titles. one for nation wide clubs, and one for clubs with only 1 or 2 chapters. that would be kool i think. be kool if they had a street club award too, although it would be almost impossible to give every club a fair shot at it.....

·
Registered
725 Posts
1st, off i think that its a good idea, DirtySanchez had it complety on the money... they should have the current lowrider of the year be named radical of the year and the cleanest traditional should be LOWRIDER of the year.
2nd, this thread should have been a pole ;)
3rd, Didnt a traditional style purple 64 convertible (what was it called?) win LR of the year a few years back? how did that happen?

So yes they should add a catagory! :cool:

·
OG ROLLERZ
16,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by texasgold@Aug 16 2006, 09:24 PM~5983757
if you cant win invent another category to win :dunno:  thats what it looks like
IT SEEMS LIKE IT,DONT IT?...so Im guessing u disagree....but that's not the point Im trying make. I just thought Breaking it down to another category may simplify the already confusing point system they have...kinda like that Expanded Notation in ALgebra...shit gets longer but as it gets longer you'll notice the problem gets really more simple and less complicated.

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
Originally posted by THUGG PASSION@Aug 16 2006, 10:45 PM~5983904
IT SEEMS LIKE IT,DONT IT?...so Im guessing u disagree....but that's not  the point Im trying make. I just thought Breaking it down to another category may simplify the already confusing point system they have...kinda like that Expanded Notation in ALgebra...shit gets longer but as it gets longer you'll notice the problem gets really more simple and less complicated.
dont agree or disagree. Your idea came of like that though :happysad:

·
OG ROLLERZ
16,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by hot$tuff5964@Aug 16 2006, 09:39 PM~5983857
how about 2 club of the year titles. one for nation wide clubs, and one for clubs with only 1 or 2 chapters. that would be kool i think. be kool if they had a street club award too, although it would be almost impossible to give every club a fair shot at it.....
that was the route I was going to......lol

·
15,502 Posts
Originally posted by KingSuper@Aug 16 2006, 09:45 PM~5983899
1st, off i think that its a good idea, DirtySanchez had it complety on the money... they should have the current lowrider of the year be named radical of the year and the cleanest traditional should be LOWRIDER of the year.
2nd, this thread should have been a pole  ;)
3rd, Didnt a traditional style purple 64 convertible (what was it called?) win LR of the year a few years back? how did that happen?
They have a traditional of the year, lowrider excellence and original of the year, thats enough. That not including many other catagories they have.

South Side Player was the car you were refering to.

·
OG ROLLERZ
16,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by lone star@Aug 16 2006, 09:25 PM~5983768
just pay the judges. fuck it
THERE YOU GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO with shit again :(

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Originally posted by KingSuper@Aug 17 2006, 12:45 AM~5983899
2nd, this thread should have been a pole  ;)

That would be "SOUTH SIDE PLAYER" :thumbsup:

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
Originally posted by THUGG PASSION@Aug 16 2006, 09:50 PM~5983935
THERE YOU GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO with shit again  :(
with what shit homie i spit it like i see it. whoever it offends oh well.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts