LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here goes, i got a deal on a LS1 out of a 2000 vette :biggrin: but not really sure how difficult this is gonna be. has anyone ever done this or have any info on the process or what i'm gonna need. (fyi) i'm getting the entire vette it was wrecked in the rear so i will have the tranny and the ecm and wiring harnesses and a complete motor

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Originally posted by one_badass_jura@Nov 15 2007, 10:09 PM~9239055
ok here goes, i got a deal on a LS1 out of a 2000 vette  :biggrin:  but not really sure how difficult this is gonna be. has anyone ever done this or have any info on  the process or what i'm gonna need. (fyi)  i'm getting the entire vette it was wrecked in the rear so i will have the tranny and the ecm and wiring harnesses and a complete motor
Dude, the tranny's are in the rear on those for optimal weight distribution. So the tranny won't work. You have a lot of work ahead of you unless you can get a transmision out of a Z28...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok sorry bad info its actually coming out of a 2000 firebird sorry the homie that called me works for a salvage yard and he kept sayin it was a vette motor and i got a lil excited :) which it does come standard on most vettes but it also came on the camaro and the firebird as an option. so am i still gonna have the tranny issue? :eek:hno:

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Originally posted by one_badass_jura@Nov 15 2007, 11:41 PM~9239243
ok sorry bad info its actually coming out of a 2000 firebird sorry the homie that called me works for a salvage yard and he kept sayin it was a vette motor and i  got a lil excited  :)  which it does come standard on most vettes but it also came on the camaro and the firebird as an option. so am i still gonna have the tranny issue?  :eek:hno:
No but you should send the harness off to get it built so its easier to install you will also need to reprogram the computer try ls1forums.com. alot of info on there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Save some cash on doing the harness yourself its not that bad, since you can find the directions online for modding the harness. I've got my own LSx swap install into a RX7 that I did myself.

+1 on the getting the computer reprogrammed, so you can get the anti theft deleted and other crap you might not want in the programing.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just for future reference. Where would one go to have the computer reprogramed? I have thought about doing the same thing in my 64 since I saw a salvage z28 with one at the local yard.

·
Registered
871 Posts
pcmforless.com

You'll need to mod the oil pan and the chassis crossmember to get it in. There are companies that have engine mounts available. Get the accessories from the F body, too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whoa! Hold on you said i need to mod the chassis crossmember?! No can do I spent a pretty penny on getting her cold wrapped. Its the ac settup on the ls1 that is the problem right? Is there any other way besides messin with the crossmember? I heard i could use a custom serpintine kit that moves the ac pulley (unit) from the bottom to the top would this fix my problem? also if anyone has done this or knows someone who has done this drop a line and let me know if it can be done without messing with the crossmember. I can still back out on this.. I have till dec 13th thank you everyone for the help!!

·
Premium Member
58,442 Posts
I got the hook up on LS-1 Installs as long as you got the harness and computer from the vette. Im putting the 6.0 in mine and my friend John is doing the whole conversion. Hes done like 8 cars already.

·
DAVIDSIMPALAS
3,520 Posts
street and performance will program the ecm also but they are high , just did a ls1 install in a 55 , we used a painless wiring kit very simple to install , also used the street and performance serp set up , relocated the a/c to the top , you will have to get fuel lines made the install price for all the other bull you will need is going to run you aroung 800-1200 just on the bullshit stuff , and get ready to do some fab work on everything else
drive shaft
gas tank
fuel lines
radiator reservior
throttle linkage
and a whole lot more shit
but overall wasnt that bad , did start to finish in 5 working days , thats fab work and all

1 - 14 of 14 Posts