LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 478 Posts

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AS THESE LS CONVERSIONS ARE BECOMING MORE POPULAR, I FIGURED I'D START A TOPIC ON HERE SINCE THERE ARE A BUNCH ON OTHER FORUM WEBSITES. PLEASE POST ANY INFO YOU HAVE IN HERE ON YOUR LSX SWAP THAT YOURE DOING AS IT WILL BE HELPFUL TO OTHERS AND MYSELF ON THIS SITE AND DONT HAVE TO SPEND HOURS ON HOURS SEARCHING AND GETTING INFO WHEN WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER OUT RIGHT HERE IN THE LOWRIDER COMMUNITY

I HAVE A 1963 IMPALA SS

I AM PUTTING A 02 5.3 LM7 (IRON BLOCK ALUMINUM HEADS), WITH AN 07 4L65E

I AM USING CAMARO INTAKE 98-02, DRIVE BY CABLE. HAVEN'T GOT TO THE LINKAGE PART YET. WILL POST ONCE I GET IT COMPLETE WITH PART NUMBERS TOO.

I AM USING THE CAMARO OIL PAN KIT FROM WWW.SUPERCHEVYPERFORMANCE.COM, ALL GM PARTS. YOU CAN SEE THE PART NUMBERS IN THE PICTURE. IF YOU GET THIS PAN MAKE SURE YOU BUY THE FILTER BEACUSE IT USES AN LS3 FILTER, DIPSTICK/TUBE, AND OIL PICK UP TUBE. YOU CAN SEE ALL THE PARTS AND PART NUMBERS ON THE RECEIPT.

MORE GOODIES COMING IN

TRANNY X MEMBER FROM S&P (STREET AND PERFORMANCE (WWW.HOTRODLANE.CC)

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I HAVE THESE MOUNTS FROM SPEEDWAY MOTORS, AND I PLAN TO BUY THEIR HEADERS FOR THIS MOUNT ALSO (HAVEN'T BOUGHT THEM YET)

THEY HAVE STOCK MOUNTS AND 1" SETBACK MOUNTS ALSO, THESE I HAVE ARE STOCK LOCATION.

SINCE THE TRANNY XMEMBER MOUNTS ON MY FRAME WERE ALREADY CUT OFF FOR THE WRAP, I CHOSE TO GO WITH THE S&P TRANNY X MEMBER SINCE EVERYONE ELSES X MEMBERS FOR IMPALAS WERE BOLT IN. I WILL CAUTION OTHERS THOUGH IF YOU STILL HAVE THE STOCK TRANNY MOUNTS ON YOUR FRAME TO USE A MOTOR/TRANNY MOUNT KIT.

·
THE DARKSIDE
1,720 Posts
Harness from Techrods.PCM & cam from TPIS Brackets from Dirty DingoHeaders from SandersTB & kick down cables from Lokar. Can't remember wut else!!! :cool:

·
PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
3,112 Posts
my local speed shop has the corvette pedal brand new on sale for 119...the corvette regulator/filter is on sale too

for harnesses try speartech,psi performance,S and P theres quite a few but these would be the top three in quality

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my local speed shop has the corvette pedal brand new on sale for 119...the corvette regulator/filter is on sale too

for harnesses try speartech,psi performance,S and P theres quite a few but these would be the top three in quality
Whats your companies info? I'm getting my harness and PCM from PSI :cool:

·
PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
3,112 Posts
Whats your companies info? I'm getting my harness and PCM from PSI :cool:
you cant go wrong with psi,the name of the shop is redline performance...i also have 3 ls car intakes for sale if anyone is interested in swapping their truck intake for a low-profile one

speedway motors has the sender fittings now available for ls engines for use with stock/aftermarket gauges...this is great if you plan on using factory or dakota/autometer gauges
is there any info or help in particular that you need just post it on here and ill do my best to answer/help out

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great information.

Whats the Total Cost Involved when doing this swap?
it depends on the route you take i.e. 5.3 or 6.0, polished everything or keeping the stock look

5.3's are plentiful from the silverados and suv's, as most of the 6.0's ive seen come from the larger suv's escalades yukons, etc generally usually around 1500 with tranny

mounts,tranny x member, headers kits range varies especially depending on the name brand headers you get, but i would estimate 500-800 on a kit

everyone has a different price for harnesses etc, but i'm getting mine from PSI, 500 for the harness and 200 for the programmed PCM

theres a easy fuel system solution with external pump and fuel regulator you would spend about 300 for

f body oil pan kit 300

the accessory drive system is what can make the difference in this swap. you can go expensive (and great looking!) zoop styled system for around 2g's, or theres a gm kit with everything for 800. like the homie said he got his stuff from dirty dingo which is far less and his looks awesome

·
Registered
7 Posts
To add to this mayhem of lsx swaps, figure out what intake you're going to run so you can figure out what accessories to run as far as the location of them truck accessory brackets have the alternator positioned up high and on the driver side if you were to throw on a car intake you're going to have to go with a different water pump and alternator bracket or customize the alt bracket

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To add to this mayhem of lsx swaps, figure out what intake you're going to run so you can figure out what accessories to run as far as the location of them truck accessory brackets have the alternator positioned up high and on the driver side if you were to throw on a car intake you're going to have to go with a different water pump and alternator bracket or customize the alt bracket
this is true,

has anybody used this seteup in an impala? i'm hoping this would work, saves me alot of tiem from piecing stuff together. all i'd have to do is buy the vette waterpump and balancer

http://www.superchevyperformance.com/19155067_LS_Engine_Serpentine_Drive_System_p/19155067.htm

·
Registered
7 Posts
64 ec style make sure you run all the accessory brackets for the same models trucks f body and vettes all have different clearances I guess you can say so that the belt lines up. I've seen people try to run an fbody water pump with truck acc. And the belt tends to slip off I believe dirty dingo sells the adapters for that to space the water pump to the correct length if you still want to run the truck setups

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
64 ec style make sure you run all the accessory brackets for the same models trucks f body and vettes all have different clearances I guess you can say so that the belt lines up. I've seen people try to run an fbody water pump with truck acc. And the belt tends to slip off I believe dirty dingo sells the adapters for that to space the water pump to the correct length if you still want to run the truck setups
yeah i'm going to run all vette accessories, i'm just wondering if anyone has used that kit in the link i posted in an impala yet. since i dont have any accessories yet and that kit comes with all GM corvette accessories minus the vette balancer and vette water pump. would save me alot of time from piecing shyt together

·
THE DARKSIDE
1,720 Posts
I end up just changing the pulley off the truck water pump and put on the ls1 water pump (corvette/camaro) no need to buy them adapters! While at it I polished the water pump just to clean it up a bit! :cool:

1 - 20 of 478 Posts