LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

21 - 40 of 478 Posts

·
PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
3,112 Posts
WHAT FUEL PUMP AND REGULATOR DID YOU USE ANY PICKS OF THE FUEL SYSTEM?
first u need to see if your running a return line fuel setup or returnless to the fuel rails up front,then buy the corvette filter/regulator and buy a/n fittings for the hoses to connect,the fuel pump can be a walbro 255h which is a high performance electric fuel pump designed to fit in most gm in-tank senders,racetronix makes a whole drop in kit

my local shop has the corvette filter/regulator on sale with all the a/n fittings with the vent option as a kit which is great cus awhile back we had to figure out which fittings we needed and had to make several runs back and forth to the store and ended up spending 50 dollars plus on just 3 fittings and now with this kit you get the whole assembly with fittings ready to install

·
PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
3,112 Posts
another tip for you impala guys,ctsv front drive system has the best clearance for your oil pan/crossmember and the accessories have plenty of clearance...f-body and corvette have the ac comp. mounted low so make sure it will clear if not you can buy the bracket from dirty dingo or kwik performance,same thing goes for the alternator if using truck acc.

·
PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
3,112 Posts
this is true,

has anybody used this seteup in an impala? i'm hoping this would work, saves me alot of tiem from piecing stuff together. all i'd have to do is buy the vette waterpump and balancer

http://www.superchevyperformance.com/19155067_LS_Engine_Serpentine_Drive_System_p/19155067.htm
great setup and it should clear just fine,you can get it cheaper at your local gm dealer just a heads up..i was going that route as its the best and cheapest way and ac/power steering pump all comes new but im going march setup since the price went down finally and my dealer cost makes it even more affordable,nothing like a march,billet specialties,zoops,vintage,wegner drive system

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
great setup and it should clear just fine,you can get it cheaper at your local gm dealer just a heads up..i was going that route as its the best and cheapest way and ac/power steering pump all comes new but im going march setup since the price went down finally and my dealer cost makes it even more affordable,nothing like a march,billet specialties,zoops,vintage,wegner drive system
Whats ur price on the March? I might go that route if its affordable to my budget

·
PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
3,112 Posts
Whats ur price on the March? I might go that route if its affordable to my budget
march billet then chromed runs 2800 retail, my price is just shy of 1500 but i gotta double check and make sure its for the chrome and not polished cus i dont want it to look dull and polishing that up aint no fun

·
CADILLAC MAFIA
15,201 Posts
:nicoderm:

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
first u need to see if your running a return line fuel setup or returnless to the fuel rails up front,then buy the corvette filter/regulator and buy a/n fittings for the hoses to connect,the fuel pump can be a walbro 255h which is a high performance electric fuel pump designed to fit in most gm in-tank senders,racetronix makes a whole drop in kit

my local shop has the corvette filter/regulator on sale with all the a/n fittings with the vent option as a kit which is great cus awhile back we had to figure out which fittings we needed and had to make several runs back and forth to the store and ended up spending 50 dollars plus on just 3 fittings and now with this kit you get the whole assembly with fittings ready to install
do uhave any pics/price of the fuel pump kit you are offering? so its basically a walbro external pump, vette regulator, and a/n fittings?

·
PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
3,112 Posts
i think 1 dude has used them so far for clearance on a 60s impala,performance wise your not gonna get the same performance of a true long tube header but if clearance is an issue then this is your best bet,there is another company offering block hugger type headers for ls engines aswell

·
Registered
292 Posts
Are any of you using the 500 steering box from CPP with your swap? I am wondering if there are clearance problems? And is anyone using a 700r4 or 200r4 transmission with the TP cable? I am not sure how where to locate the TP on the LS motor.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Are any of you using the 500 steering box from CPP with your swap? I am wondering if there are clearance problems? And is anyone using a 700r4 or 200r4 transmission with the TP cable? I am not sure how where to locate the TP on the LS motor.
I plan on doing this swap really soon. I do know that you need to buy the radiator that is notched to clear the box, other than that should clear everythign else OK. oh and dont buy an 8" booster kit, it will hit the coil packs (ask me how i know lol)

·
PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
3,112 Posts
your talking about the tv cable im assuming?

·
PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
3,112 Posts
assuming your talking about the tv cable you will need the stock throttle body from the ls engine you have and if not s and p sells a nice chrome bracket that will work as for the cable youll need the lokar cable if your staying fuel injected and make sure the geometry (adjustement)of the cable is correct or youll have idle and other problems because of it....

·
PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
3,112 Posts
I plan on doing this swap really soon. I do know that you need to buy the radiator that is notched to clear the box, other than that should clear everythign else OK. oh and dont buy an 8" booster kit, it will hit the coil packs (ask me how i know lol)
are you using stock location, +1 or -1 motor mounts

·
Registered
292 Posts
So go with a 7" booster from cpp will work with disc brakes? And 10-4 on the notched Rad.

21 - 40 of 478 Posts