LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 513 Posts

·
Registered
138,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this impala at the beginning of may which was at the 2010 Las Vegas Super Show.
The car needs work to be up to my standards. Anyway I wanted a project but not too deep and this impala was a good one for me. It has a Pitbull frame with a split belly, a good decent og interior and the body on the car is not too bad either. Some chrome undies but
the quality of the chrome underneath is mediocre to straight awful. Good street set up in there and some chrome in the engine. Sold the rolling chassis to one of my club members Like I said, a good solid car to start with but needs some work. Not going to do the popular og looking impala...Trying to go more custom than anything else so here are the plans for it:

-new molded and wrapped frame done in 1/8
-belly painted the same color of the car
-send the body to the body shop within 3 weeks to get redone and repainted HOK silver with silver flakes
-shave firewall, door handles-side mirrors
-full new chrome undercarriage
-9 inch ford to run skirts
-shave inside of the hood and trunk
-frame will be painted the same color as the body
-graphics on frame and body and maybe small murals
-full custom interior redone
-take out the engine, polish it and paint it matching color with the car
-new trims or get the existing trims plated
-a bunch of other little custom stuff as well

·
Registered
138,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the pics of the car when I brought it home:

·
Registered
138,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Before sending the car to the bodyshop for getting redone, we took out the set up in there since I want to
go with a new configuration including custom parts and rack along with fiberglass and a good sound system.

·
Registered
138,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
99% of the metal and painting work on that impala is being done in my garage by one of my club members Rimo who does great
metal and painting custom work. Here are the new custom pump holders being fabricated:

·
Registered
138,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is where the pumps are going to sit:

·
Registered
138,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since we had to wait for a spot at the body shop, Rimo and Maggy (2 club members) started fabricating the future fiberglass panels that will hold the two subs in the trunk:

·
Registered
138,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Back deck will also be fabricated to hold two 6/9 in fiberglass...Here is some of the work that was started on it:

·
Registered
138,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sitting in the car:

·
Registered
138,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know its a little early but I got a presentation board done up and painted with graphics by Rimo at a
show we went to this last weekend where Rimo had a demo booth.
Here are the step by step pictures. It is a plexiglass board that was painted with HOK
silver with HOK silver miniflakes then the graphics were applied using Alsa kandy black.
The car will have similar graphics, only darker with more different effetcs in the graphics:

1 - 20 of 513 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.