LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS IS FOR ALL THE PISTON PUMP USERS. HOW MUCH NITROGEN DO YOU USE IN YOUR DOUBLE-PISTON CARS? WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH TRIAL AND ERROR WIT THIS DAMN CAR, AND THE SON OF A BITCH STILL IS NOT RIGHT! IT DOES 40"S AS A SINGLE, BUT SINGLE DIGITS AS A DOUBLE! THE SHIT IS STUPID!! WASSUP?!

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by PISTONPUMP-1@Aug 23 2005, 05:43 PM~3678222
THIS IS FOR ALL THE PISTON PUMP USERS. HOW MUCH NITROGEN DO YOU USE IN YOUR DOUBLE-PISTON CARS? WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH TRIAL AND ERROR WIT THIS DAMN CAR, AND THE SON OF A BITCH STILL IS NOT RIGHT! IT DOES 40"S AS A SINGLE, BUT SINGLE DIGITS AS A DOUBLE! THE SHIT IS STUPID!! WASSUP?!
You should have the car doing good before you put anything in the tanks, the pistons will only help if everything else is right. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
Originally posted by PISTONPUMP-1@Aug 23 2005, 05:43 PM~3678222
WHO'D YOU GET IT FROM ????

·
Registered
8,400 Posts
post pics of your fittings and checkvalves i know its everyones lil secret dont wanna show whats in the trunk but mabey i can help has a lot to do with the flow run 1#8 hose to the front y it off to 2#6 hoses bleed lines and let me know what it dose

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
just leave it a single

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Its probly the return side thats fuck'n you up. With one piston tank at say, 300psi. The weght of the car can still push back on the piston and allow you to dump properly. If you run two at the same psi You then double That to 600 psi. What ever the pressure you are running if add another pump at the same psi it will dpouble what your car has to couter. Also (dont know what you got going) dont run slowdowns on the returns and use checks on returns so there is less back pressure through the return side. On hoppers and dancers getting the car to dump fast is just as important as getting it to lift fast.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS@Aug 24 2005, 10:38 PM~3687639
Its probly the return side thats fuck'n you up. With one piston tank at say, 300psi. The weght of the car can still push back on the piston and allow you to dump properly. If you run two at the same psi You then double That to 600 psi. What ever the pressure you are running if add another pump at the same psi it will dpouble what your car has to couter. Also (dont know what you got going) dont run slowdowns on the returns and use checks on returns so there is less back pressure through the return side. On hoppers and dancers getting the car to dump fast is just as important as getting it to lift fast.
hhmmm i see some good info here , i also have pistons and i just can't get them 2 work right :angry: but i will try with those checkvalves on returns,also i been using an adex dump 4 about 1 year now should i take it apart 2 check seals?

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
You don't need HIGH pressure. :0

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,176 Posts
You shouldn't have to rely on pistons to help you hop. It should basically be an additive to what already works good. Also MOST anything double shouldn't need pistons....unless you trying to achieve BIG numbers with a V8 or something.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by PISTONPUMP-1@Aug 25 2005, 09:06 PM~3694414
WE GOT THEM FROM BLACK MAGIC AND PROHOPPER. MAY JUST BE SOMETHIN WE'RE MISSIN.  :(
you aren't trying to use one from Black Magic and one from Pro Hopper on the same car are you???

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Originally posted by vegashopper@Aug 25 2005, 10:09 PM~3694664
you aren't trying to use one from Black Magic and one from Pro Hopper on the same car are you???
That would be crazy.

I say, just leave it as a single and send me the black magic one. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS@Aug 25 2005, 10:37 PM~3694761
I think most people get excited about the high air pressure thing and overlook one of the most important advatage of these pumps. The piston separtates the air from the oil. This means your gears get nothing but oil. probly very little if any foaming. This helps a great deal more than you would think.
Listen to him. The man knows what he is talking about.

Foam sucks!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NO THE PUMPS ARE THE SAME. AND AS FOR PRESSURES, WE DON'T GO OVER 100 PSI PER TANK. NOT A DUMMY, JUST TRYING TO WORK THE BUGS OUT OF MY BOYS SETUP. I JUST CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY THE VEHICLE JUST DON'T KILL THE BUMPER BECAUSE THE CAR IS BUILT RIGHT.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by PISTONPUMP-1@Aug 27 2005, 07:57 AM~3702399
NO THE PUMPS ARE THE SAME. AND AS FOR PRESSURES, WE DON'T GO OVER 100 PSI PER TANK. NOT A DUMMY, JUST TRYING TO WORK THE BUGS OUT OF MY BOYS SETUP. I JUST CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY THE VEHICLE JUST DON'T KILL THE BUMPER because the car is built right.
Something isn't right, that Caprice should kill the bumper without pistons.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Originally posted by OneStopCustoms@Aug 27 2005, 05:16 PM~3703730
I really don't know why people want to use two piston pumps to the front when you can dial in your system/car to work perfectly with two regular pumps...
I would use piston pumps on a regular settup if they werent so expensive. Just as a way to separate the air and oil. Just to add 50psi and bleed the air out of the oil side of the tank. You dont have to super charge them if you dont want to. I'm gonna be running 4 P.H. pistons in my dancer

1 - 20 of 21 Posts