LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight I done went through 4 lead mallets and I'm tried of that shit. I wanna try a rubber mallet that'll last alot longer but would the make it where I can't get my k/o's on tight enough? Would it scuff the chrome/gold? Thank You!

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
JUST LEAD MALLETS MAN, just tap them until they tight, and then beat them on....................theres better lead mallets, maybe you buying the CHINA ONES< they dont last as long, cheaper quality :cool:

·
Registered
25,983 Posts
Originally posted by Chrome 327@Jun 16 2003, 02:44 AM
Aight I done went through 4 lead mallets and I'm tried of that shit. I wanna try a rubber mallet that'll last alot longer but would the make it where I can't get my k/o's on tight enough? Would it scuff the chrome/gold? Thank You!
DON'T USE RUBBER ON GOLD IT WILL TAKE IT RIGHT OFF.

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Originally posted by unfunkyufo@Jun 16 2003, 04:43 AM
Here's a question...I have bullet spinners, why do I need to use a lead hammer to tighten the tool on the spinner?

Jeff
damn, thats a good one, what do you guys have to say to this??? lol

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Here's a question...I have bullet spinners, why do I need to use a lead hammer to tighten the tool on the spinner?

Jeff
just incase you slip and hit the dish of the rim it wont fuck up the chrome

·
The Hard Road
16,761 Posts
Originally posted by CUTLASS BOYZ@Jun 16 2003, 10:40 AM
just incase you slip and hit the dish of the rim it wont fuck up the chrome
Thanks for the reply. I just got two of them in the mail from Keith, now I can drive my '62 a little.

Jeff

Last edited by unfunkyufo at Jun 16 2003, 12:27 PM

·
Registered
94 Posts
Originally posted by Chrome 327@Jun 16 2003, 03:44 AM
My lead hammer went to shit, couldn't find it, when I did it broke, etc so I said hell with it and use a heavy plastic mallet, it gets my k/o's tight, but i find that anything that doesn't give like lead, causes the chrome to crack/flake off. My spinners look like shit now but I'm not too worried about it, its a daily driver (sorta) so my rims see alot of rain too... I say if you want to protect your rims dont use anything other then lead, however if your rims look kinda like shit, kinda rusty, scuffed, do it =)

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Someone tryed to tell me back in the day they use to make there own lead hammers They would poke a whole in the side of a coke can pour the soda out & poor hot lead in the can & stick a pipe in the whole in the side. When it cooled just peal the can off & its a Led Hammer :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,221 Posts
ok heres the deal,,,,,,,, back in the day {{ for us old timers}}} when dayton used to come with good hammers they would last forever i am using one that is 10 years old right now....any way wheel manufactures sold out to the lowest bidder on hammers so what you get now is absolute shit,,,,,,so if you want the original hammers dayton used to come with they were made by }} cook{{.. if you go to penntool.com and do a search for lead hammers you will find them,,,,peace////

·
Registered
29,008 Posts
Originally posted by originales@Jun 16 2003, 05:02 PM
ok heres the deal,,,,,,,, back in the day {{ for us old timers}}} when dayton used to come with good hammers they would last forever i am using one that is 10 years old right now....any way wheel manufactures sold out to the lowest bidder on hammers so what you get now is absolute shit,,,,,,so if you want the original hammers dayton used to come with they were made by }} cook{{.. if you go to penntool.com and do a search for lead hammers you will find them,,,,peace////
hay vato...now no one will buy hammers from me.......j/k yes those hammers last a long time,,,i used to get these hammers with green handles,man those things lasted 2-3 years

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Originally posted by homeboyz+Jun 16 2003, 05:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (homeboyz @ Jun 16 2003, 05:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--originales@Jun 16 2003, 05:02 PM
hay vato...now no one will buy hammers from me.......j/k yes those hammers last a long time,,,i used to get these hammers with green handles,man those things lasted 2-3 years[/b][/quote]
2-3 years Thats a long ass time here is my brothers old hammer we got from CCE after 3 months of use :(
:( :( :(

·
Registered
6,221 Posts
Originally posted by homeboyz+Jun 16 2003, 05:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (homeboyz @ Jun 16 2003, 05:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--originales@Jun 16 2003, 05:02 PM
hay vato...now no one will buy hammers from me.......j/k yes those hammers last a long time,,,i used to get these hammers with green handles,man those things lasted 2-3 years[/b][/quote]
haha sorry bout that man,,,,gotta look out for tha ridaz,,,, you still got everyone smoked out on rim deals,,keep up the good work..

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
i just use a lead hammer i tried using a rubber mallet but i couldnt get my rims tight enough, their was cunks of rubber on my rims when i was done and if i missed the wrench their was a black striek on my rim but hay its better than a big ass dent.......but ill stay with buying lead hammers

·
Registered
773 Posts

Jeff
You Dont. I used a metal maul, and it worked great, forever. Just be careful and dont slip, thats all.

·
Registered
17,780 Posts

Jeff
STAND ON THE WRECH, Im telling ya, kick it down and stuff and itll be alot tighter, and use anit-seeze lube or else youll have 1 HELL OF A TIME GETTING THEM SPINNERS OFF :cool:

·
Registered
986 Posts
I have never used a lead hammer. A nice heavy squared hammer and a two by four..... ;)

Last edited by lolink at Jun 17 2003, 09:19 AM

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Originally posted by lolink@Jun 17 2003, 10:19 AM
I have never used a lead hammer. A nice heavy squared hammer and a two by four..... ;)
not a bad idea

1 - 20 of 30 Posts