LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i seen and heard quite a few people use different things to get different effects.everything from ceran wrap,sponges,brushes etc

could someone post up marbalised paint jobs and teh different effects?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
damm still no pics?

could any1 break down how to use the ceran wrap when doin soem marbal effects ?

or other objects that work good, i heard soem 1 say a sponge is cool, but since i never marbalized anything i wouldn't know.

any info would help

·
Zip it cunt!
27,116 Posts
i did my dodge truck with alsas metallic silver crazer a little over a month ago. i like it better than hok's because you don't need to use intercoat clear or adhesive promoter over it. i just did mine with plastic sheets, i was doing very large pieces at a time by myself, so saran wrap or anything else that is small was out of the question. applying the saran wrap is simple, you just shoot the marbelzer slightly wetter than normal paint, then either right away or after a minute or so just put the plastic directly on top of the marbelizer. once the plastic is on the wet paint, you can do whatever you want to it, press on it, give it tittie twisters, squeegee it, pull it, basically anything you can think of while its wet. then you just let it sit for a minute or two and peel if off, simple as fuck.

this is what it looks like right after you pull the plastic off

and after a little kandy and flake :cheesy: you can also just clear right over it if you want

also, usually you use a black base under marbelizer to get that traditional marble look, i wanted my shit to be real red and not stand out too much, so i just used the red base on my truck as the base for the marble.

·
Registered
16,190 Posts
I love the way the Alsa looks with in thin patterns. Not hating on your truck Marge it looks like you did a great job. I just think in big areas it looks like ass. I think they look like snow flakes or soccer ball patterns. I just think the way the paint breaks is too uneven and not pleasing to the eye.

A long ass time ago StreetSweepas did a homeade one similar to the one I posted and did a huge surface I wanna say on a G Body and it looked fucken awsome.

·
Zip it cunt!
27,116 Posts
Originally posted by Dr Caqui@Nov 15 2007, 12:14 AM~9231593
I love the way the Alsa looks with in thin patterns.  Not hating on your truck Marge it looks like you did a great job.  I just think in big areas it looks like ass.  I think they look like snow flakes or soccer ball patterns.  I just think the way the paint breaks is too uneven and not pleasing to the eye. 

A long ass time ago StreetSweepas did a homeade one similar to the one I posted and did a huge surface I wanna say on a G Body and it looked fucken awsome.
yeah, im not too crazy about in in large areas either or even full cars for that matter. mine is just half the front end and a bunch of thin flames all the way around the truck, looks pretty kool. it will look better once i get around to actually clearing this hoe. im real happy with it though.

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by BIG DIRTY@Nov 16 2007, 01:20 AM~9237110
MY SONS SCOOTER NOT A GOOD PICTURE

here are some more

nice

·
Registered
11,982 Posts
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Nov 15 2007, 06:44 PM~9237290
i recently marbelized a metal sign blank black base then silver base then layed the saran wrap down then pulled it looked damn good for not using any marbelizer

:yes: all you really gotta do is use slightly a lil more reducer than usual lay a wet coat of your silver base then work fast with it and you will get the same results

·
KICK ROCKS
14,345 Posts
Originally posted by zfelix@Nov 18 2007, 03:35 AM~9252085
:yes: all you really gotta do is use slightly a lil more reducer than usual lay a wet coat of your silver base then work fast with it and you will get the same results
X2 :cool:

·
Registered
16,190 Posts
Originally posted by show-bound@Dec 2 2007, 06:39 AM~9353705
wal-mart bag, twisted up...made rose flower effect

not sure what i did here...but i never use marblizer..

i use newpaper adds<glossy paper...i like to use rubber gloves...plastic wrap cool too..

i dab it not really cover it..

Thats what I call a perfect effect!!!! Real nice work Dawg. If you get a chance homie hook up the air brush and do a few outlines where the two colors meet. Try a gold if your gonna do it under the candy or if you get a bit balsy try a pink and a lil white over the candy. Just light thin accents break it up REAL NICE.

·
Registered
14,363 Posts
Originally posted by Dr Caqui@Dec 3 2007, 01:10 AM~9360010
Thats what I call a perfect effect!!!!  Real nice work Dawg.  If you get a chance homie hook up the air brush and do a few outlines where the two colors meet.  Try a gold if your gonna do it under the candy or if you get a bit balsy  try a pink and a lil white over the candy.  Just light thin accents break it up REAL NICE.
can even get tri colored marbled and what not..using diferrent bases..

the one under the brady is slver and blk

1 - 20 of 59 Posts